VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso On Vacation Again.

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I called my VSO about my claim, only to find her on Vacation once again. I don't know how she gets any work done, she she seems to be out more than she is in. Anyway, I called the 1-800 number to see if their has been any movement on my claim for increase of my SC Nasal Bone Fracture, deviated septum and breathing difficulties.

I was told it is at the final stage at the Rating board. No indication as to whether it is good news or bad, only that the claim is moving along. Told to contact them in 30 days, but wanted your advice.

(1) do I check weekly using the 1-800 number and bug them? or

or

(2) do I check with my VSO on a weekly basis and bug her? that is if I can catch her when she is in. LoL

Rockhound Rider a.k.a. Jim. ;)

p.s. I'll probably end up trying to figure out how to get a Dr. to Dr. referal somehow, so I can get another IMO that makes sence of my problems and provides all the information the VA C&P examination requires and also provides a nexus statement that is clearly supported.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

i wouldn't call the 1-800 # at all. each time you call you will probably get a different answer.

as for VSOs.....well..................i'm an advocate for vets filing their own claims and your issue you raise here is just one of many reasons why.

best of luck,

I wouldn't hold my breath on the 800# being of any help. As far as the VSO being on vacation again, mine seems to be even when he is in the office. He has been quite useless during my ordeal, and I wish I would have researched more before using one at the start. I am sure if I do get some type of compensation he will be there to take credit though.