Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If you mean with a DRO-and your claim is actually with the DRO now-

make sure that you have a phone (if they call you) near a desk or table where you can put your most important evidence files on---or

you could even make flash cards (or index cards) that would take up less room but would state the specific points that you want the DRO to consider.

I have requested telephonic DRO conference about 3 times or more in last few months but have heard nothing yet- I dont know if they just pick up the phone and call you or they give you some notice to expect their call-

Best to just arrange ahead of time exactly the points or evidence that you want the DRO to consider.

I reqeusted a telephonic conference if there is any question at all regarding my medical evidence.

If my Medical evidence remains AGAIN ignored, I can use the fact that I attempted to get the DRO to contact me-

along with my VACO Administrative Review request, Writ of Mandamus,and billboard ad and letter to the Washington Post.(I think I am kidding here- but whatever it takes)

Hope you have caller ID to get the DRO's number if you need to call them.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Oh- same advise but maybe best to have all of your evidence files marked as Exhibit A,B, C, etc and then have the list of these files on a separate page and have someone you know hand them to you during the televised conference.

Make sure the lighting is good. I understand you can hold stuff right up to the camera to get it into the record.

Also vets should never forget to take advantage of the camera-as it can often reveal the extent of their disability better then med recs can-

one vet here or some other site- made sure he got his shoes and socks off to show the VA camera his leg injury-or skin disorder -forget what-

scars from schrapnel or SC surgery also can be seen if the camera can get a close up- I dont know about rectal problems or ED claims however- :rolleyes:

still- this is a good way to get a personalized rapport with the VA and it can do wonders for a claim.

You might want to rehearse a short opening statement a few times to get on the record exactly why you feel their decision was wrong.

And get a thought written down for when the conference is about to end to reiterate the important points that you made.Be sure to thank them and tell them you feel they will fully consider the points that you made or evidence that you got into the record.

Dont be nervous-they are probably scared to death when they do these TV things.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Oh- same advise but maybe best to have all of your evidence files marked as Exhibit A,B, C, etc and then have the list of these files on a separate page and have someone you know hand them to you during the televised conference.

Make sure the lighting is good. I understand you can hold stuff right up to the camera to get it into the record.

Also vets should never forget to take advantage of the camera-as it can often reveal the extent of their disability better then med recs can-

one vet here or some other site- made sure he got his shoes and socks off to show the VA camera his leg injury-or skin disorder -forget what-

scars from schrapnel or SC surgery also can be seen if the camera can get a close up- I dont know about rectal problems or ED claims however- B)

still- this is a good way to get a personalized rapport with the VA and it can do wonders for a claim.

You might want to rehearse a short opening statement a few times to get on the record exactly why you feel their decision was wrong.

And get a thought written down for when the conference is about to end to reiterate the important points that you made.Be sure to thank them and tell them you feel they will fully consider the points that you made or evidence that you got into the record.

Dont be nervous-they are probably scared to death when they do these TV things.

while you are giving you speech to the camera repeat your medical issues at least twice and if thatd all you talking

about no other issues then i would reapt those issues one more time. refer to your injury refer to medical records

refer to injury refer to medical reports do this for each issue this happened in service this is what happened after service

this is where i am today

while you are giving you speech to the camera repeat your medical issues at least twice and if thats all you talking

about no other issues then i would repeat those issues one more time. refer to your injury refer to medical records

refer to injury refer to medical reports do this for each issue this happened in service this is what happened after service

this is where i am today medically!!!