Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssi/ssdi Eligibility

Rate this question

Guest Dean2

Question

Greetings from a new member. Great Website! I'm currently 60% SC, on appeal, and 10% body-total non-SC (neck surgery). Do I have to have more disability to apply for Soc Sec Dis?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest Dataman

SSA is dependent if you cannot do any job and have worked enough qrts in last so many years. If you want too long even if you cannot work you do not get SSA Disability.

Hi Dean.....i mean no disrespect,but your question if posed to a SS rep would be irrevalent to them since they do not care what or how you're rated by VA and will not hesitate to let you know it in uncertain terms right up front as i'm 100% P/T myself with a SSD claim now pending.

The question for SSD standards is are you either unable to work at all now and is your condition expected to last at least a year and/or end in your death? Cheery thought,especially this time of year,huh?......lol

So if you haven't already done so go to the SS website and check-out their requirements. If you're currently working part-time and depending on much you currently earn you may or may not be eligible for SSD but again,go to their website.......information and knowledge are your best friends and good luck!

David

Greetings from a new member. Great Website! I'm currently 60% SC, on appeal, and 10% body-total non-SC (neck surgery). Do I have to have more disability to apply for Soc Sec Dis?