VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why I Say- Continue To Fight Them At The Varo Level

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

(This is only a few positiona and their salaries-

Also-if anyone is interested the 2006 VA Budget is found at :

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2006/appendix.html

Just click on the Department of Veterans Affairs.

These federal employees are paid good money to do a job properly.

I feel that the VARos- since they have the same legal and medical criteria as BVA and CAVC -should be pressured into doing their jobs right for you all.

The reason for the backlog is due in part -in my opinion- to the fact that they continually have to re-do decisions which could have been properly prepared in the first place.

I know Terry disagrees-and that is OK-

But when you consider these VARO salaries and then add what BVA and CAVC employees get paid-

a valid claim for compensation can be as costly to the federal goverment as it can be to the vet-as the vet waits year after year incurring higher taxes and interest on loans they need to get etc- and when they do finally receive an award it is usually based on money that does not have the same value when they get it-

as it did when they first filed the claim.

Like I always say- it the VA was a business- they would be bankrupt by now.

Show Jobs Opening:

Last 24 hoursLast 3 daysLast 7 daysLast 14 daysLast 30 daysLast 60 daysAll Jobs Refine Search With Additional Keywords:

Save this search and email me jobs!

Jobs 1 to 3 of 3 Page: [1]

Closing Job Summary Agency Location Salary

12/28/2005 Supervisory Veterans Service Representative (Assistant Veterans Service Center Manager)

The Assistant Veterans Service Center Manager shares responsibility with the Veterans Service Center Manager for directing and supervising the administration of work involving the development, ...[more]

Vacancy Ann.#: 06-C395-VBA-06

Who May Apply: Agency Employees Only

Pay Plan: GS-0996-14/14

Appointment Term: Permanent

Job Status: Full-Time

Opening Date: 12/8/2005

Salary: From 88,772.00 to 115,407.00 USD per year

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration US-CA-Sacramento County 88,772.00+

12/30/2005 Veterans Service Center Manager

This announcement is open to VA Career Transition Assistance Program eligibles only. ...[more]

Vacancy Ann.#: 06-C392-VBA-06

Pay Plan: GS-0996-15/15

Opening Date: 12/15/2005

Salary: From 108,437.00 to 140,300.00 USD per year

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration US-NY-New York City 108,437.00+

1/3/2006 Rating Veterans Service Representative

This position is open to current employees of the Veterans Benefits Administration. Please read carefully the full text announcement for complete deatils. All applications materials must be received ...[more]

Vacancy Ann.#: 2005-254-AMC

Pay Plan: GS-0996-12/13

Opening Date: 12/12/2005

Salary: From 62,886.00 to 97,213.00 USD per year

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration US-DC-Washington 62,886.00+

Jobs 1 to 3 of 3 Page: [1]

If you would like to post a resume on USAJOBS to apply online, or would like to edit your posted resume, our simple Resume Builder will help in a few short steps.

This is a United States Office of Personnel Management website. USAJOBS is the Federal Government's official one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information.

Home | Search Jobs | My USAJOBS | Forms

FAQS | Privacy Policy | Help | Site Map

Employer Services | Contact Us | Privacy Act and Public Burden Information

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I agree your veiws are accuraate for the average vet. Everyone keeps forgetting the Vet that is not average. The Vet who's disability prevents following your process. My claim is for brain injury. Learning IS my disability. Memory IS my disability. A lack of attention to detail IS my disability. An inability to performe complex tasks IS my disability. On top of that my body has failed me.

I am not allowed by law to hire someone to help me with my claims. Therefore the VA is reqired by law to properly process my claims without the need for me to have assistance. EVERY VETERAN deserves this treatment. It is a life effecting matter for me, or someone like me.

I cannot do what you propose I do for a successful claim. I cannot do what is neccissary for a successfull claim if the VARO is not held accountable on a higher level. The good people of Hadit are not the first to fight claims to completion, yet That is still what it takes to be approved for those that can. It has done nothing for those that can't.

I'm beginning to realize that it IS okay to be the Veteran left behind. The ones with the inability to fight for themselfs are left to SSDI.

For cryin' out loud, make the VA accountable. I hear over and over and over, "you are your best advocate". Thats how you win claims. Well, I've tried and tried to put it other ways but noboby is catching on or doesn't care. Either way, you've all made me feel like an xxxxxxx. My brain won't let me do what you say I need to, and everyone seems to think fighting each claim is the only way to go. I'm eventually going to get my claim, but does it make it okay for they next guy? It's not a simple thing.

I'm sorry to put this way, but really, in this proccess I get shafted. I needed a VA that followed the LAW and the will of the people. Noboby has addressed that yet.

Time

Time-

I DO understand your position-

I fully agree with points you have made-

I feel that it is just unconscionable and a national disgrace that disabled veterans have to practically become their own lawyers and doctors to succeed in some claims-

I feel that vets should be able to hire lawyers on a contingency basis-

Disabled vets are ,by virtue of their disabilities, the last people in the world who should have to do all this crap to be properly compensated for service disability-

I fully understand your point and I know how difficult it is for all of us to deal with them-

I have griped to VA about this in the past and will gripe some more-

we are not even given the same discovery rights as we would have in any civil court-

the deck is stacked against a disabled vet before they even file a claim----

please dont feel that I -in any way am trying to say anything to hurt you-

You are right veteran! You and NO disabled vet in the US of A should have to go through the claims process the way we are forced to go through it-

I certainly didnt mean to offend you with what I said-

I am on your side!

I used to be an ordinary person and then I volunteered to work at a vet center- the vets voted me into the PTSD Combat group-I am a civilian-

That experience forever changed me-I am so grateful to them- always-

then I began dealing with the VA as a widow claimant in 1982-

that experience changed me too-the VA gave me PTSD.

then in 1994 the VA killed my husband- a real life altering experience for him and me-and

since then I have tried to help veterans with their claims-

I agree with you- I did not mean in any way to say something to offend you-I apologise-

It isnt fair that any vet has to go through this-

nor even have to access the internet to get people who really understand some of the stuff VA should be doing themselves but they dont.

Berta

Thanks. Sorry my frustration gets deeper every day. I know you are doing all you can for ALL vets. I hope you do not think I was implying otherwize. That was not my intention. You are a very special person to me and I think all who come here. I only worded that the way I did to make my point, and I know that each claim must be fought as the system is now.

I'm the guy with my foot stuck in the railroad tracks. A train is comming. Every so often someone hears me hollar. They come and look it over. "Yep, you fell right through that crack. I sure wished I had the tools to get you out. Good luck". I'm still pulling on my foot.

Understand if my frustration mounts. The train is getting closer.