Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tick Tock Deluca Case Criteria Not Used Or Considered

Rate this question

halos2

Question

I am spending my life on the net trying to find everything and anything the VA did to deny my claim. They shot out 2 IMO for the defunct N.P. C&P exam, and I discovered she did not at all utalize the DeLuca case criteria at all. So now I am going to inform the Dr and sit with him and go over everything I need to have in writing to win.

The reasons they disallowed the claim as they said the Dr did not relate exams to current, however they had all the medical records and office visits which detail the 3 examples of further occurrances. If it had not been for the DR records, they would have not known the exact dates and injury particulars.

Anyway the C&P exam did not relate my back injury symptomology and the further pain, trauma, disability as stated in DeLuca. So any ideas on how to tie it all together.

1)Sept 69 back injury...20 PT tx...meds...corsett,braces...records clearly stated no improvement over a couple of months(All info prev discussed on this site)

Have seen Dr's all these years have documentation from early 1970's...but

back to DeLuca...she said one time injury in service not related to current condition as is now degereration of spine...

No ROM done,she lied but no % given and did not relate flareups, pain with motion, weakened condition, no indurance related, no coordination problems written, no functional problems related,...she just lied said had 1 SCI and the process is degenerative as to her employment as a nurse all these years. Joint pain with hips, legs, numbness associated with spine injury not addressed by her. Pain meds not addressed either. Adaptive equipment not addressed ie Tens unit, as 1st one from VA in 1985, braces, foot orthotic for shoe 1988, etc

Also was wondering if I could use fact MRI's were not in existence in 1969 so herniations of discs were not then nor now evidenced on xrays?

I live in an extremely rural area where the Dr's rely on the vet on what and how to write a IMO so I did not relate it to regs before and need help as just got off phone with SO and he said you better get it done asap!!

Am hoping to get it done to get records/claim file back to VARO to rerate it rather than stay at BVA. Used gao.gov/htext/d0646.html for review as per Oct 12,2005 info letter to former Rep Lane Evans.

Tick tock times a running tick tock come on knowledgable vets with herniated discs info reply with Dr evidence to bring forth tick tock :rolleyes:

Edited by halos2

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet