VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hiatial Hernia Over Left Hemi Diaphragm And Test

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

I tell my doctor that I cannot breath when I bend down......but there are no notes in my SMR or current medical record about this.

I've had a hiatal hernia dx'd while on active duty and compensated for this. But I was looking and in 2006 when they looked again because of increase GERD problems they said the Hiatial Hernia is above the Left Hemi Diaphragm.....

Does anyone know if this could be why I cannot breath at times? and if so what would I file a claim under, something besides the hiatial hernial......or would that be the prymiding but it affects my breathing.

ALso,

Does anyone know which test is more accurate

3/6/07 Esophogram/Barrium swallow

Said "esophageal motility was normal."

Double-contreast biphasic exam of upper gastro. Mulitple fuoroscopic spot files

1/31/06 Said "mild dysmotility of the mid to distal esophagus with tertiary contractions noted."

The manometry test said the same.

Thanks much,

Y#5

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I tell my doctor that I cannot breath when I bend down......but there are no notes in my SMR or current medical record about this.

I've had a hiatal hernia dx'd while on active duty and compensated for this. But I was looking and in 2006 when they looked again because of increase GERD problems they said the Hiatial Hernia is above the Left Hemi Diaphragm.....

Does anyone know if this could be why I cannot breath at times? and if so what would I file a claim under, something besides the hiatial hernial......or would that be the prymiding but it affects my breathing.

ALso,

Does anyone know which test is more accurate

3/6/07 Esophogram/Barrium swallow

Said "esophageal motility was normal."

Double-contreast biphasic exam of upper gastro. Mulitple fuoroscopic spot files

1/31/06 Said "mild dysmotility of the mid to distal esophagus with tertiary contractions noted."

The manometry test said the same.

Thanks much,

Y#5

What do they rate you at for thr GERD with Hiatinal Hernia? I was rated at 10 percent but with the advice of Hadit I did and NOD and thet rated me at 30

Jim

Edited by Jim MAC

Just asking if anyone knows if either test is more accurate. The first test that was done the Esophageal Manometry showed the same motility disorder.....just trying to find out which is more accurate or are they trying to stiff me and I said the barium swallow was normal for motility but they also noted "extrinsic compression on the right side of the esophagus" which as far as I understand is a cause for swallowing problems.

Examples of motility disorders of the esophagus that are described below include gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), dysphagia, achalasia, and functional chest pain.

I have dysphagia (problems swallowing), chest pain........

However, on one visit the Gastro said "dysphagia" and the other visit he said "no dysphagia".