VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bill To Expand Benefits For Disabled Vets

Rate this question

tom91

Question

In researching my question on rating criteria for vets in order to retain their ID card and associated privileges, I found a number of references to a bill proposed last year on expanding access to PX/Comm to all disabled veterans regardless of his/her rating %. It appears it has been proposed in additional bills as well by other Congressmen.

The status of bill is that it was sent to the commission on vet's affairs. I sent a number of notes to all my Senators and Congressmen yesterday encouraging them to push forward with this bill. I pointed out that given the fact we continue to increase the # of disabled veterans and given our obligation to them, we owe it to them to pass this bill. The only cost to the gov would be facilitation of producing the cards. I went out to point out that given the state of our economy, what better time for this to be implemented.

I'm fairly new to this site so this may be old news;however, what better time for us to push forward and get their attention.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet