VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Lawyers Called Me

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

Guest rickb54

I received a call from the VA lawyers in Wash DC concerning my appeal about denial of air conditioner for auto adaptive equipment. ( a little back ground; in Nov 1999 was awarded vehicle grant and adaptive equipment, air conditioner was prescribed and awarded because of my serious breathing comdition, when I moved to Texas in Jan 2004, and bought a new van I was denided reinbursement for the air conditioner. and it has been on appeal ever since.)

The call was from a lawyer on the Governments side at the court of veteran appeals, who told me he wanted to make an offer but suggested that I get a lawyer to represent me. He told me about The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program, and said if I wanted him to have them contact me he would talk to them.

The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program contacted me on the 27 Dec, and faxed me some forms and requested I sign then and sent them back. The forms were a request for pro bono represenation.

It would appear based on what the va lawyer told me that Waco texas screwed me over, ( I knew this, because I filed the appeal) and he wants to see that I am treated right... he wants to make a offer, ( exactly what that means he didn't say) but he made it very clear that I need legal represenative and that I will be happy with the results. He seemed to indicate that I would hear something before the month is out.....

I would have never thought that a Va represenative would go out of their way to help me.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Rick- the VACO lawyers I dealt with years ago- one even recently= are the BEST the VA has-

and when the chips are down for them, they do settle for what you want-

I am surprised they said you needed representation-I never got any when I FTCAed them-

then again- maybe things have changed there-

I am glad you got pro bono legal help-

please keep us posted.

• HadIt.com Elder

They were wrong to deny it Rick. At least there are some who are willing to do the right thing. By requiring to get a lawyer the VA Lawyer is covering his six.

I talked to some despot at VAMC in Dallas about getting an A/C after being diagnosed with Resistent Lung DIsease and was told all they would do is give me a window unit. I told him to stick it.

Guest rickb54

Today, I received confirmation that a lawyer of the PVA will represent me under the veterans consortium Pro Bono Program... My letter states that there are one or more issues surrounding my case that leads the Veterans Consortium to believe that I will win my case..... they were not specific as to what these issues are, I will wait to see where this all goes now.

Rick -that sounds very supportive- GOOD LUCK!

As I recall-you had a very valid case. Boy I sure wish you knew what those issues were-

the important thing is that they picked up on them.

Edited by Berta