VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

DblTap1

Question

Hello again,

I am looking for insight from anyone with Dx PTSD.

I am a volunteer coach for youth football, high school wrestling and I run our local youth wrestling program. Does anyone have any experience with a Dx of PTSD interfering with ones ability to be involved with youth or high school programs. Has anyone been denied opportunities or removed because of PTSD?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I also have PTSD. If you are in a paid position and are being threatened with being fired for having PTSD...this is illegal under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). If you are in a volunteer position then I'm not sure that you have any recourse.

Sadly PTSD still carries a huge stigma in our society largely thanks to the negative attention it receives in the media.

Check the ADA website if you're in a paid position if it becomes a problem. Good luck!

Thanks Purple!

From what I have heard and read I fit the profile for having it. But who knows. No Dx therefore no PTSD. I have avoided interviews for it out of fear of this stigma. Dealing with the kids is about all I really enjoy anymore. I would hate to lose it. Yes, it is all volunteer.