VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P For Deputryne's And Hbp

Rate this question

Toposurveyor

Question

To all,

I am sc'd for DMII with PN in both lower extremeties. On Sept. 26, I had a C&P for Deputryne's Contracture and High Blood Presure associated with DMII. In my opinion, the exam went well for the Deputrynes Contracture part. The exam considering HBP was less favorable.

As I usually do, I went to the Release of information office and signed the form to have a copy of the exam and associated labs sent to me. So far, I have received no info. A call to the ROI office on Oct 17 inicated that the person doing the C&P had not yet completed his report. After an appointment with my PCP on Oct 23, I went to the ROI office and inquired about my previous request. I was informed that the person doing the C&P had not yet finished his report. Seems to me like a long time to wait for a copy of the exam.

Ed

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

To all,

Leave it to me to complain a bit, and what happens, today I receive the ROI labs and notes for my C&P. And it was written by a Dr. other than the examining PA.

The words "is as least as likely as not (50/50 probability) caused by or a result of DM2" are used in both the medical opinions for hypertension and Deputren's Contracture.

Perhaps this is good news!

Ed

To all,

Received a decision on my claim today. The claim for Dupuytren's contracture for both left and right hands associated with DM2 was SC'd at 10% for each hand. The claim for Hypertension associated with DM2 was SC'd at 0%. Also stated in the decision -"Your overall or combined remains at 70%."

I found it interesting that the cover letter advising the decision was from the Portland RO. The heading on the attached Rating Decision was from the San Diego RO.

The VA received my new claim on July 20, 2008 and the Rating Decision is dated November 26, 2008. Not to bad considering the timeline others are/have experienced.

I will discuss this with my County VSO on Monday.

Ed