VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board Question

Rate this question

mssoup1

Question

If you are told via the 800# that your claim is with the rater, what does this mean as far as where the claim stands. Does this basically mean that the claim has been approved as SC and it is being determined at this point as to what % applies?

Thanks for your help....

mssoup

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong. I think it is more likely to say that all the evidence has been obtained, and the claim has moved on to be adjudicated. Not necissarilly that SC has been determined. I'm still trying to figure out the exact proccess myself though. Hope that gives you an idea.

Time

I agree with Time- it does not mean an award is eminent at all-

but that they are working on the case-

when they start saying- it is with Authorization or it is waiting a signature or two- that is when one can assume that something might possibly have been awarded.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

being at the rater does NOT mean it has been granted SC status, it can be denied there, mine was at the rater and 3 weeks later I got the denial of 11 issues, they refused to grant any of them. I am in my 4th year on appeals just NOD what ever part of the decision you disagree with when you finally recieve it, just do not miss any of your deadline dates and keep the date stamped copies of everything. My C File has been at the raters on 4 different occaisions I have all the denials to prove it lol

I called the VA yesterday, my claim has been at the rater over a month. The counselor I talked to said it could take 3-5 months. I think its probally gonna take 6-8 months from the time you file till you get and answer. The doc that did my exam said: I can't tell you whats gonna happen, your file will go the the board and a bunch of people who are not doctors will look at your paperwork and decide what your gonna get.

Good Luck!!