VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wings.....need Advice!

Rate this question

Guest allanopie

Question

Guest allanopie

Hello Wings,

I have a veteran on another board looking for information for women veterans with non-combat PTSD. She needs to know if VA has PTSD theripy groups for non-combat Women.

Could you advize me on where to get her started or where I can send her?

My best to you...........

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello Wings,

I have a veteran on another board looking for information for women veterans with non-combat PTSD. She needs to know if VA has PTSD theripy groups for non-combat Women.

Could you advize me on where to get her started or where I can send her?

My best to you...........

Hi Brother Opie ;-)

Shoot me an e-mail silverwings@justice.com with her geographic location.

I'll network the best I can! I'll start with PTSD Women Vets at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ptsdwomenvets/

The lady vet can always subscribe directly to this group!

Also, please ask her to print out or save attached PDF File - MILITARY SEXUAL TRAUMA

COUNSELING

"MST counseling is provided by contract with a qualified mental health professional if it is clinically inadvisable to provide in Departmental facilities or when VA facilities are not capable of furnishing such counseling to the veteran economically because of geographic inaccessibility or the inability of the medical center to provide counseling in a timely manner."

She may do just as well or better to get Fee-Base Care approval for a local/non-VA therapist. Also, DVC (domestic violence counseling) provided by State or County is a great alternative; they often have weekly group counseling in my neighborhood. Some local County Mental Health Centers provide related care and group counseling. Discuss with her the need to Document her journey through the MAZE.

HUGS!!