Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Revoking A Power Of Attorney (poa)

Rate this question

John Purser

Question

I've found some prior posts that say I just need to send a letter saying I revoke it but is that correct? And if so, where do I send the letter? I don't think this is a big deal, just house keeping. But the less the VFW can do "for" me the better off I am.

Thanks,

John Purser

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I found the form and I believe you're correct in how it works however at this time I don't have an SO to replace the VFW. I've made so much more progress since I started hanging out around here I'm going to try this on my own unless someone can tell me of an outstanding one in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

I was told and I believe I read it this in the regs, if you have a SO and appoint another, the action will of revoke the former SO, because a vet is only allowed 1 SO at a time. Here is the VA form for appointment of your Service Organization. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA_21-22-ARE.pdf

Thanks jbasser. I was wonder if I need to specify an office in the regional HQ.

Send it to the Regional office and also send a copy to the VFW.

Be sure to follow up as things like these sometimes get misplaced.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

No just address it to the VARO and they should put it in your C File revoking the POA but even after I signed a new one for my lawyer they kept sending my stuff to the DAV until she nailed them they are slow sometimes to change stuff I think I have fired most of the service Orgs during the past 7 years first it was the AL, then the DAV, then the PVA now I have a lawyer (ex JAG Officer and all she does is VA cases, a member of NOVA, and she's good) lol I imagine there are some good SO's out there but I have never met one most are overworked and lazy

Thanks Testvet. I experienced a similar level of "service" from at least one "Service" Organization. I'll fire that letter off. I want those people out of my life for good.

John

No just address it to the VARO and they should put it in your C File revoking the POA but even after I signed a new one for my lawyer they kept sending my stuff to the DAV until she nailed them they are slow sometimes to change stuff I think I have fired most of the service Orgs during the past 7 years first it was the AL, then the DAV, then the PVA now I have a lawyer (ex JAG Officer and all she does is VA cases, a member of NOVA, and she's good) lol I imagine there are some good SO's out there but I have never met one most are overworked and lazy