VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call From Rater

Rate this question

timetowinarace

Question

I recieved a phone call from the person rating my claims yesterday. He wanted to make sure I was not wanting to open new claims because the senators office forwarded the letter I wrote that listed my symptoms. Last week I had faxed a letter stating that I was not opening any new claims at this time. (I can't wait any longer for a decision, my house is in forclosure. The senators aid had put me in direct contact with the VARO) I also explained that they had enough evidence to decide my claims right now, as they were waiting for more of MY doctors records when additional support was not necissary. At that time they told me they were schedualling me for a C&P exam (wich I thought was unneccissary of course. we know how that works) but my claim was being rushed through.

Well, once the rater was satisfied that I did not want to open any new claims, he said he was deciding my claims that day. (yesterday) He said he was rating me at 100%. What surprised me the most was that he said he is giving me an effective date back to my original file date in 2003. I was sure I'd have to CUE that.

Anyway, that's the story I got. We'll see what happens.

Time

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I've always believed that the VARO doesn't like to be under the looking glass by either the news media or poloticians who won't be put off so easily.

Glad to hear that your claim is moving along quickly now that you have someone who knows how to push in the right way.

I hope this news will help forstall your forclosure, it would be a shame to get this close to a pay check to still loose out.

Best for continued luck,

Jim S. :P

• HadIt.com Elder

That is really good news. You should get money back soon. If your Loan is VA you can possibly get the VA to make it easier to catch up and save your home. They did it for me in 1991. Call 800 827 1000 and ask to talk to the Real Estate People at the VARO.

Pete

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats I am praying it goes down the way you have been told, but my experience is do not believe anything until you see the paperwork, I have heard and seen everything from the VA, I will keep you in my prayers. Sometimes they need to do the right thing.....