Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim - Ooh, Uhoh,oh, Er, Hm, Ping Pong!

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Called va 'what other clerk told you? 2? 3? signatures? retro? name and where are they from? ..oooh, uhoh, va rated & sent claim to dfas last month and uh, we are waiting too, you could contact dfas'. Well, go figure.

?Recall last week, I was asked questions beyond the basic ssan,name,discharge date,rank,d.o.b. also was asked for pay amount&family info. (va amount, crdp or crsc, husbands ssan, kiddos names, address..)

Answer: This occurs when a veteran or caller discusses banking, deposits and amounts of compensation. Now we know the extra layer of security.

Called dfas for confirmation pay file being reviewed result of claim,

Dfas "oh, really, claim shows closed, ...the va sent it when? ...oh, hm, the file code, er, hasnt been worked, I'll see to it, whats your number, call you back."

Hanging in here,

still hoping for claim completion sometime this year!?

Cg, up2009

Edited by cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

If I understand your post correctly, DFAS has been notified that you are entitled to additional CRDP. My experience with the DFAS "telephone people" tells me that although they seem to be friendlier than the old 1-800 VARO associates, they actually know even less than the VA representatives.

I suspect that the DFAS representatives do better with regular military retirement questions, but

anything related to CRSC or CRDP is beyond their expertise.

The Army approved my CRSC case within 14 days after receipt. Total time for DFAS to generate a payment (receipt of approval to deposit in bank): 42 days. And...I'm not sure at this time if the payment will include the retroactive monies, just the monthly entitlement has been confirmed.

All in all...pretty fast processing.

Ron