Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Day (6-7 Hour) Tbi Screening (round 4)

Rate this question

Signal6

Question

On Friday I have my all day TBI screening. This is my the fourth appointment for TBI screening. The first was about 2 hours and was all written tests, the second was with a PA for about 30 minutes, 3rd with neurology for about 30 min, and this one is suppose to be 6-7 hours of testing.

My question, has anyone been to this? If so, any advice, information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey signal,

Wow, dang and more dang. I feel bad that you have to go through so much and spend that amount of time at the VA. Talk about hurry up and wait. I wish I could give some advice. I can only say that you made it through to this point so don't give up. You will get through this. I'm positive there are people on hadit that can offer advice or suggestions. Take care.

Thanks Mike, not looking forward to it, but I'll get through it.

Hey signal,

Wow, dang and more dang. I feel bad that you have to go through so much and spend that amount of time at the VA. Talk about hurry up and wait. I wish I could give some advice. I can only say that you made it through to this point so don't give up. You will get through this. I'm positive there are people on hadit that can offer advice or suggestions. Take care.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Hang in there. Remember to get your travel pay! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

If you will please, can you tell us a little about when, where, and how you received your TBI? Is it combat related? was it during a current era war period? What type of TBI was it. closed or open type injury? etc. etc. etc.

I ask this, because I have been told personally that the TBI screening is only for current erra, combat related, due to blast concussion and/or head wounds not due to an accident. So if you didn't receive your injury in a war zone and not combat related, then you didn't qualify for this special TBI screening clinic. Sound rediculus, but as a Vietnam era, non combat related, nor in a combat zone, my fall which caused my TBI does not qualify me for an evaluation by the recently formed TBI screening clinic.

Personally, I think anyone who receives a TBI while on active duty, should qualify them to be evaluated by the TBI screening clinic, regardless whether it was combat related or just an accident, they should be treated equally for disability and/or compensation.

As past war era Veterans we should let our voices be heard on this matter with letters to the new Secretary. It's blatently discriminatory of one era of Veterans over another.

Rockhound Rider :unsure: :P

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

That really sucks if that is what they are doing for the TBI screening. I agree anyone that had a head injury on active duty should qualify for the screening. I guess I am one of the "lucky" ones. I was hit by a mortar round in Iraq, closed head injury in 2005.

The testing is likely neuro-psych testing. It measures cognative functioning and other things. Basically it is used to determine if ther is any brain disfunction in area such as memory(short and long term + working memory), laguage ability, verbal ability, attention and concentration, and much more. There are many different tests invloved. You will have to put pegs in holes, draw pictures, look at flash cards, remember words in order, remember stories and much more.

This is the testing needed for a proper tbi diagnoses.