VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Understanding (just Talked With My Ro)

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I just got off the phone with my RO and spoke with a service person, and was told that claims for increase (SMC) was in authorazation and will to finance after that and should take about 3 more weeks (Who knows if that time frame is correct).

I then ask if they received my 1151 for the medication side effects and the inability of the VA's Doctors to monitor. The RO responded, "That my 1151 claim that I sent in January 24th, 2005 after our meeting with (VAMC Medical Director) has been included or joined together with my claim for increase (SMC). Is this possible? how could the VA make that decison in 2 weeks when my claim for increase was submitted in November of 2004.

Can anyone help me to try to understand this? I do thank you all. God bless

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Greetings,

I just got off the phone with my RO and spoke with a service person, and was told that claims for increase (SMC) was in authorazation and will to finance after that and should take about 3 more weeks (Who knows if that time frame is correct).

I then ask if they received my 1151 for the medication side effects and the inability of the VA's Doctors to monitor. The RO responded, "That my 1151 claim that I sent in January 24th, 2005 after our meeting with (VAMC Medical Director) has been included or joined together with my claim for increase (SMC). Is this possible? how could the VA make that decison in 2 weeks when my claim for increase was submitted in November of 2004.

Can anyone help me to try to understand this? I do thank you all. God bless

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Contacted the RO again, and now was toil dthat my case went from authorzation back to developement because of the 1151 claim. I thought that they would keep the 1151 claim seperate from my original cliams. Why would they join them?? I just don't understand the VA. I asked the service person to speak with someone in reguards to my calim and was informed I cannot. I am so tired of all the foolishness. Thank you all. Gods bless

I may have misinterpreted but it sounds like your claim for increase has been approved at a higher rating. Otherwize, no second authorization is needed to deny an increase.

This is delay tactic by the VA. They use the excuse that with only one C-file, all issues must be worked together. Every new issue puts a claims file with every issue in it, back at the starting point. In cases like yours, where a claim is within three weeks of being finalized, they are perfectly aware that they are making you wait months or years for the new claim before awarding the one that is decided. And they are supposed to rate any condition that is fully developed and rateable before going on.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Time

If it went to finance I would start checking your mail box or your bank account (if you have direct deposit by the end of next week-Finanace usually moves pretty fast-

If they told you how many signatures it required it can also show what you might expect-

I do believe they awarded the SMC claim but deferred the 1151 claim-

I just got an update like this too- they said one of my claims (CUE SMC) went to authorization but now it is set to go back to the DRO by the 18th.

The CUE has impact on the main claim I filed but also it can stand alone.

I feel that you should give Finance time to cut the check and a letter will come -but the check might come first-

and just wait and see what they will do about the 1151-in the next few weeks-

(I know how easy that is for me to say- but at this point they are still probably-as Time said-attempting to stall. After all it is Friday afternoon and they all probably want to go home--I really believe procrastination is

part of all of our problems with the VA.)

I may have misinterpreted but it sounds like your claim for increase has been approved at a higher rating. Otherwize, no second authorization is needed to deny an increase.

This is delay tactic by the VA. They use the excuse that with only one C-file, all issues must be worked together. Every new issue puts a claims file with every issue in it, back at the starting point. In cases like yours, where a claim is within three weeks of being finalized, they are perfectly aware that they are making you wait months or years for the new claim before awarding the one that is decided. And they are supposed to rate any condition that is fully developed and rateable before going on.

Time

Dear Time,

Thank you for your response. Do you know where the rule is in 38 CFR that says," the VA is supposed to rate any condition that is fully developed and rateable before going on" I sure could use that if you can reply to this message. Thank you so much. God bless you.

If it went to finance I would start checking your mail box or your bank account (if you have direct deposit by the end of next week-Finanace usually moves pretty fast-

If they told you how many signatures it required it can also show what you might expect-

I do believe they awarded the SMC claim but deferred the 1151 claim-

I just got an update like this too- they said one of my claims (CUE SMC) went to authorization but now it is set to go back to the DRO by the 18th.

The CUE has impact on the main claim I filed but also it can stand alone.

I feel that you should give Finance time to cut the check and a letter will come -but the check might come first-

and just wait and see what they will do about the 1151-in the next few weeks-

(I know how easy that is for me to say- but at this point they are still probably-as Time said-attempting to stall. After all it is Friday afternoon and they all probably want to go home--I really believe procrastination is

part of all of our problems with the VA.)

Dear Berta,

Thank you again for your response. I was at my VAMC today and got a call from my daughter that said my local RO had called for some clairfication on my claims. I tried contacting the RO, but this person has left for the day 2:00PM. I have never had the RO ever call me. Do you thank this has to do with the 1151 claim? Thank you again Betra. God bless you.

Time

Time,

Thank you for responding. i left a message for you at your first post. Thanks again. God bless you.