VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Joined My 1151 Claim And My Claims For Increase

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I just found out this moring that the VARO had decided to join my 1151 claim in which I just submitted 3 weeks ago, and my claims for increase (SMC) which was finished being rated and was on to finance. Now my claim for increase (SMC with 17 issues) has now been pullled and sent back to developement to be joined with my 1151 claim.

They are telling me it could take a year on my 1151 claim. My increase (SMC) has been at the RO since November 2004. I do not want to wait another year.

Can I:

1) Ask that my 1151 be withdrawed so my claims for increase can be finished??????

2) I can always re-submit the 1151 claim after I reeive my award letter.

I would appriciate any help in this matter

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Greetings,

I just found out this moring that the VARO had decided to join my 1151 claim in which I just submitted 3 weeks ago, and my claims for increase (SMC) which was finished being rated and was on to finance. Now my claim for increase (SMC with 17 issues) has now been pullled and sent back to developement to be joined with my 1151 claim.

They are telling me it could take a year on my 1151 claim. My increase (SMC) has been at the RO since November 2004. I do not want to wait another year.

Can I:

1) Ask that my 1151 be withdrawed so my claims for increase can be finished??????

Bound- if it went to Finance I don't see how they can stop that process to 'join ' it with the 1151 -2 separate issues---

If you withdraw the 1151 claim-you will lose your EED -earliest effective date-

I do not advise doing that at all-----

Who said that this could take a year?

I feel you are getting the wrong info by someone who would want you to drop the 1151 claim-

There is no way to predict how long any claim could take-

Somethings smells fishy to me here-Finance has one specific MOS- add it all up and cut the check-

I never heard of something in Finance being pulled out to be 'joined' to a different issue-

I know what they mean but still- if they made a decision and owe you retro and it went to Finance-

I believe you should expect a check-

otherwise why did it even go there?

Any thoughts- anyone?

Finance always meant to me (even with other issues pending) that the check was being processed.

Greetings,

Can I:

This may be a scare tatic, Just what these people want you to do. They try to get a Vet to Panic and do something unwise that will save them, some money. Then they can report this as money saved and maybe get a Performance Bonus on top of that.