VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Sleep Apnea Coming Up.

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Broncovet:

Thanks for your reply:

It is my husband who has OSA: He was diagnosed a couple years ago and we are trying to connect it as secondary to the service connected PTSD.

He does use the CPAP machine. Only using the CPAP caused him more problems. About 6 months after starting the CPAP he complained of having a cold sore in the left side of his nose, this cold sore would never heal and finally occluded the whole left side of his nose until he could not breath through it at all so i called his PCP at the local VA and set up an appointment to have it checked out. He went in for this and they sent him right down to xray for a CT scan which showed this massive growth. It had also broke through the thin membrane between his eyes causing a hole that was leaking spinal fuid into his nose and had pushed the bone of his right side of his nose into the right sinuses.

The ENT ask if he had ever had his nose broke and he said that he didn't.

They took him to surgery last Friday, Good news that there was no Cancer. They removed the massive growth, repaired the hole that was leaking spinal fluid and removed the bone from his right sinuses.

Now i fear that the VA is going to say that that his sleep Apnea was caused by this and not the PTSD. Even though he has never had any problem breathing through his nose until he started using the CPAP machine.

His MH dr said that the sleep Apnea is connected to the PTSD and wrote the Nexus letter for him which we turned in when we filed the claim.

I was hoping to find out what kind of exam they will be doing with the C&P. Questions they might ask.

Thanks, Jessie