Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Another "sorry For The Delay" Letter

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Got my third letter saying the VA was sorry for the delay, that they were still working on my claim.

I'm sick and tired of their appoligies, I want them to to work and do what they are paid to do and not some some lip service on how sorry they are for the delay.

The evidence I submitted was good enough to list my problem as more likely than not, so with the VA reasoning, it should be as likely as not, that at least gives me the benefit of the doubt if not in the three problems I applied for SC as a result of a SC condition, two of the conditions are painful scars whch I documented with photos and my subjective complaint of pain and a cause of periodic ulcerations of these same scars.

The other condition, chronic sinusitis/rhinytis, has been shown by many studies to have a causel relationship with my SC nasal fracture and deviated septum with 50% obstruction to both nasal passages due to trauma, which make it also at least as likely if not more likely than not. These problems, although the sinusitis was noted upon my first enlistment, it was not noted during my second enlistment physical, nor during my hospitilisation. It was only after my fractured nose and deviated septum did it be diagnosed as a chronic condition.

Even during my first enlistment physical, it was only noted on a check list as having had previsous problems with sinusitis, but no diagnoses was made as a result of that information. At no time during my whole time in service was sinusitis diagnosed or found to be a chronic condition. It was the SC injury and obstruction that caused it to progress beyond its normal progretion and become a chronic condition.

Sorry I am ragging a bit, with my most resent Hospitalization I'm a bit impatient with the slow progress of my claim, when it appears to me to be rather a symple one to decide and rate. Any of the conditions I mentioned are only worth 10% each for a total of 30%, which isn't a lot, but it would boost my current percentage to at least 30% which pays, I believe $376.00, which is aa increase of $253.00, if my calculations are correct and amounts are current. To me, that is a tank of propane for about a month to s month and a half during the winter months. This amount alone makes it possible for me to meet my financial obligations on time and with in a decent living budget for once, since becoming disabled. It means I can remain in my home and not be force to sale.

I guess I have ragged enough for tonight, not sure it made me feel any better, but I may sleep a bit easier by getting it off my chest.

Rockhound Rider

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Got my third letter saying the VA was sorry for the delay, that they were still working on my claim.

I'm sick and tired of their appoligies, I want them to to work and do what they are paid to do and not some some lip service on how sorry they are for the delay.

The evidence I submitted was good enough to list my problem as more likely than not, so with the VA reasoning, it should be as likely as not, that at least gives me the benefit of the doubt if not in the three problems I applied for SC as a result of a SC condition, two of the conditions are painful scars whch I documented with photos and my subjective complaint of pain and a cause of periodic ulcerations of these same scars.

The other condition, chronic sinusitis/rhinytis, has been shown by many studies to have a causel relationship with my SC nasal fracture and deviated septum with 50% obstruction to both nasal passages due to trauma, which make it also at least as likely if not more likely than not. These problems, although the sinusitis was noted upon my first enlistment, it was not noted during my second enlistment physical, nor during my hospitilisation. It was only after my fractured nose and deviated septum did it be diagnosed as a chronic condition.

Even during my first enlistment physical, it was only noted on a check list as having had previsous problems with sinusitis, but no diagnoses was made as a result of that information. At no time during my whole time in service was sinusitis diagnosed or found to be a chronic condition. It was the SC injury and obstruction that caused it to progress beyond its normal progretion and become a chronic condition.

Sorry I am ragging a bit, with my most resent Hospitalization I'm a bit impatient with the slow progress of my claim, when it appears to me to be rather a symple one to decide and rate. Any of the conditions I mentioned are only worth 10% each for a total of 30%, which isn't a lot, but it would boost my current percentage to at least 30% which pays, I believe $376.00, which is aa increase of $253.00, if my calculations are correct and amounts are current. To me, that is a tank of propane for about a month to s month and a half during the winter months. This amount alone makes it possible for me to meet my financial obligations on time and with in a decent living budget for once, since becoming disabled. It means I can remain in my home and not be force to sale.

I guess I have ragged enough for tonight, not sure it made me feel any better, but I may sleep a bit easier by getting it off my chest.

Rockhound Rider

Hey Rockhound:

I feel your pain. I have been receiving those meaningless letters myself that are generated without any thought. Yeah right, the computer spitting it out is sorry for the delay..........what a joke. Claims that we know are slam dunk approvals take as much time as the complicated claims. I have been told that my claim is with the rater since October! Now I don't know about you, but when I get something on my desk, I work the issue until I can gat it off my desk. As we all know, the current process VA now employs is horrible and broke! The new administration has promised change, but I haven't heard much of anything coming out as far as change to the VA system. I know it has not been much more than a month, but usually you see immediate change when a new VA Secretary takes office. I don't know what this guy has been doing, but he sure hasn't made himself available to the Vets and public. Maybe someone else on here can add something positive to what we Vets have to look forward to, but I am very disenchanted and feel things are getting worse. I thought the Houston Region was slow. Man they are head over heels better than St Pete. All I get from these people are requests for additional information. I fool them though. I ain't going away. I think they beat down 50% of the folks with these requests until they eventually give up. There has to be an advocate out there for us. McCain sure hasn't done anything for us and he is in a great position to help.

Sorry, but I guess I had to vent also. I can see a lot of us getting very frustrated.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

• HadIt.com Elder

The delays need something more than a phony apology.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I wish the new Secretary would instigate a procedure by which your claim, once it reaches a rater, that the information would include a numbering systom that would at least indicate where you are in the stack of other claims being rated and once told your claim is being rated, thier is a set time frame that your claim should be rated and moved on to the next stage and so on.

But I doubt the VA will restrict themselves to such a time frame, since they haven't so far improved the total time claims are done in.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

I wish the new Secretary would instigate a procedure by which your claim, once it reaches a rater, that the information would include a numbering systom that would at least indicate where you are in the stack of other claims being rated and once told your claim is being rated, thier is a set time frame that your claim should be rated and moved on to the next stage and so on.

But I doubt the VA will restrict themselves to such a time frame, since they haven't so far improved the total time claims are done in.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not an excuse, but keep in mind that when you are told it is with the rater what is really meant it has been sent to the rating team area. Depending on the RO you could be behind 3-4 thousand other "with the rater claims".

If it would not clog the system we should spend the money for a stamp, write "THANKS FOR THE UPDATE" on the letters and mail them back! But that would only bite us in the butt as it would slow the slow system down more.

Also, the phrase, "with the rater" means squat, the rater can

request more information like SSA records, clarify or addendum to C&P exam,

verify service which someone missed checking the right box on, etc...

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Rockhound,

I'm just curious, but about how often do you get these letters? Once a year? I haven't ever got one yet, but have only been in the VA's "system" for about a year and 9 months.

I have to agree with everyone else. This is unacceptable to say the least. Maybe one day they'll fix the system, or atleast improve it. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. This new director talk alot of nice things, but I'm thinking he's just blowing smoke up our a@%'s.