VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams Are Done

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the triups to the VAMC are done, now it is back to a waut and see what the VARO decides this time, the shrink, took longer this time, instead of 10 minutes she took about a half hour and wrote far more notes, asked about when I last worked, the fact I have no friends not even casual ones, that I isolate, she asked about my symptoms and the frequency, the things I think she should have done last year, but at the end she made a strange comment that left me wondering, she asked how I felt if my wife was appointed my guardian, I said it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other my check is direct deposit and my wife pays all the bills and there is always money when I ask for it, so do what ever she thought was needed. Does that indicate they are going to raise my rate finally?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Testvet: Chirley, you gest? I know, don't call you Chirley. LoL ;) I know you are asking for some reasurances and If I were your rater, I'm sure that after reading your C&P exam report from the psychiatrist I would raise your rate, but I am neither of these two and one can never tell what the Rater at the VARO is going to do.

You probably stand a better chance than in the past, but that too would be guessing or pure congecture and even the percent or if it is an increase may not be to your liking either. It is always a waiting game and your best chance of knowing what will be the decision, is to get a copy of the written report of the C&P psychiatric exam and read how it is written and what if any recommendation their are within the report.

Best to you and the results,

Jim S. B)

• HadIt.com Elder

I have 2 of the C&P exams and they say that I had a stroke within a year of discharge and so that should bring all my cardiac related problems into a rating category and it will be a week or two before the VARO will release the shrink C&P, everything with the VA is a guessing game, but when they awarded me the 50% they didn;t ask about making my wife my guardian........it seems to me they only worry about guardians at the 100% level

• In Memoriam

Seems like I remember a question of competence. Someone on hadit did have their wife accept their checks because they were incompetent. It took quite a while for the VA to deem the wife competent to accept the payments. Getting this problem changed back around took a long time. Anybody remember this claim.

Mike Harris, use to say that when ask if he paid the bills, he told them that he paid the bills when he had the money. Therefore competent.