VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Responds To My Lost 1151 Claim

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I contacted the VARO this morning to get clairfication concerning the VA loosing my 1151 claim which took me over 3 weeks to prepare. They agreed my claim once exsisted, however is now gone from all radars. I spoke with the VARO supervisior and was informed they had no idea why my claims for increase was pulled from authorization and put back to developement with my 1151 claim that now does not exist.

I was now told that my claim for increase is now back with a rating officer (No one knows why) it is with a ratings officer when it had already been rated.

I do not know if this has anything to the meeting I had with VARO Medical Director in which I have on audio tape they accepted blame for my medications side effects.

I have never and I mean never been so frustrated with the VARO in my almost 10 years dealing with this traveling circus. Has anyone have any advice for me? God bless you all.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

My heart goes out to you. You are so close but they keep you so far away. This is outrageous! Did you keep a file on your computer of your 1151 claim? Or maybe copies of the whole file? I never send originals because if they "lose" them, they lose original signatures. I'd rather keep those in my file. Of course, they have to have the veteran's original signature, but I have had no problem giving them copies of other documents.

You should make an appointment for a face-to-face meeting with the supervisor. Or I would just show up with papers in hand and strongly request to talk to the supervisor--and wait if I have to. It's way too easy for them to put you off on the phone.

Be sure to keep a log of your contact with anyone at the VARO--with names, dates, time, and the outcome of the call. The old hadit board had a form to print out to keep up with that. Maybe someone knows if it's archived on this board. I haven't checked.

Carrie