Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The 12 Worst Regional Offices

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I would like to compose a list of the 12 Worst places to live for VA benefits. If your RO has "done you wrong" post it, and why..I think this list should be turned over to Bob Filner, Mr. Hall, Mr. Shineski, and, yes, Mr. Obama.

I propose these terrible RO's head the list:

"The Veterans list of the 12 Worst Regional Offices:

1. New York

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. St. Pete

I want these to be like "power ratings" for the NFL..except in reverse, kind of like the least likely teams to win the next superbowl of being Veteran friendly.

My reasons for the "Terrible 3" of NY, Detroit, Cleveland being the worst are largely due to the AG's report of Veterans shredded claims, as well as my own experience in Drew Careys neighborhood. Please add your RO to this "12 worst list", if you feel your RO is deserving, as we can use it to pressure them to "get off this nasty list" by good Veterans service. Also a factor is The AG reported disparity among states, where some RO's compensate Veterans much higher than others. Cleveland, Indiana, and Illinois are 3 states at the bottom of this list also. I want to pressure the VA to stop "low balling" and start treating Veterans right by putting the worst offenders on this nasty list. A "good list" may also be in order, with the top "Veteran friendly" RO's. Thanks for your input and helping other Veterans to get benefits they deserve.

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Boston, VARO slow return on DRO hearings deny deny deny all claims im looking to transfer out of here to never come back ever again

Boston pulls this scnario all the time vet brings IME or C and P is in his favor ( Thats Rare ) they just keep re-ordering C and P at Jamaica Plain and they e-mail comp and pension saying something to the effect please evaluate as this condition is as least not likely related to in service claimed condition they jusy keep sending vets back and back to c and p jamaica plain to get the result they want to deny the claim

Boston is famous for this they do this all the time to veterans

never liked this VARO, or the hospitals in New England and I am transfering out of here never trusted folks from New England

sorry but thats just me

Boston is the pits!!

for warned is for armed

Edited by grent

• HadIt.com Elder

Detroit- worked there for several years, heck got my start there. The office is in about the same condition as the city. Its bad all around.

Cleveland- went there temporarily, but much like the Detroit situation.

St. Petersburg- Nice place to work, but swamped with claims and it seemed an all knowing management didn't care nonetheless about how bad things were. I called it the "blindfold affect", whereas the senior management just seemed to NOT see the situation accurately. My opinion is that Florida's quickly ever growing veteran population and at a least the same amount of raters since the mid 1980's is a recipe for all things bad.

Indianapolis- funny, but I thought it was nice and I liked the temporary time I spent there.

New Orleans- went there once temporary, once. Hence, the word once. Underline the word once.

Manila- a bad situation further made bad by a lack of people, lack of respect for most of the customers, and SOME customers complete and total lack of respect for the United States Government or anything else for that matter.

Houston- I loved it there. In my opinion the best place to get a fair decision.

This is what I received from my DAV rep. He could have answered my

questions instead of sending this letter.

letter

Katrina was 4 yrs ago they should have their act together by now.

post-3080-1238106653_thumb.jpg

Edited by jan

This is what I received from my DAV rep. He could have answered my

questions instead of sending this letter.

letter

Katrina was 4 yrs ago they should have their act together by now.

Jan..

I agree with you. Remember that DAV shares space with the RO's, in exchange for "certain privileges"...in your case they want to blame Hurricane Katrina on you not getting your benefits.

Detroit RO wants to blame the auto industry layoffs, the Cleveland Union at the VA claims that there is insufficient training, that claims reps are put "on the line" with too little experience. (How much "experience" do you need to NOT shred Veterans claims...an ability to read? Do they need to "instruct" people on how NOT to use the shredder machine. Step One. Do not insert Veterans claim evidence in this machine. Step Two. If in doubt refer to Step One. Pullleeze. "Man up" to your mistakes..what does shredding evidence have to do with training? Can these people not distinguish a Veteran's claim from yesterdays Burger King wrapper?

We Veterans are very tired of tired excuses for their poor service.