VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From Claim Folder

Rate this question

mymissie

Question

Working on a claim- an on rating of 12-26-78 is amended as follows:

1. S.C. (VE INC)

Bilateral Hearing loss ((( ( All for PENSION ))))

0% from 9-18-78

8 NSC (PTE VE)

Does any one know meaning of above????

<<<<ALSO>>> all this from C-file-1992

2. 10% Glaucoma ?

Vet was never told or treated for Glaucoma- now loss sigth in one eye, loss of sight in other.

WHAT SAY YOU ALL??????????? 1151 ????

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

mymissie: I can't help you on the hearing, I'm sure some one will reply, but as to the Glaucoma. Glaucoma can be associated with a number of problems, Diabetes jumps out as being the one I am most familiar with, also an auto-immune disease I have called Sarcoidosis. My brother has the condition as having been brought on by post concussion blast from a granade that blew up near him in VN. of course Hypertension/HBP can also have it's hands in the cause of Glucoma. So I suggest you research any of the Veterans problems as noted by SMR till now to find out if anything may be a contributing facter in his Glaucoma.

One thing you should make clear to the Veteran, if they are on medication for the Glaucom, possibly some type of eye drops, then highly recommend that they pay particular attention to taking the medication as prescribed, particular as to the number of time aday or like myself at bed time, do not skip taking the medication, failure to take as perscribed can lead to loss of vision.

Glucoma can lead eventually to vision problems, as well as blindness, later in life, if you do not follow your Dr's recommendations and treatment.

My Sister who has Diabetes, type I, failed to control her insulin early on and she is now considered blind for disability perposes, but she can see some color and shapes, but it was due to not following her Dr's recommendations as to diet, insulen monitoring, and regular eye examinations. All these facters played a part in her loosing her eye sight, although their were other facters, she may have had her eye sight longer than she did.

It is altimately up to the Veteran to see to it, that they make all regular visits to their eye Dr and follow their recommedation and use the madication as perscribed.

enough said, I hop someone answers your hearing quiestion.

Jim S. ;)

Working on a claim- an on rating of 12-26-78 is amended as follows:

1. S.C. (VE INC)

Bilateral Hearing loss ((( ( All for PENSION ))))

0% from 9-18-78

8 NSC (PTE VE)

Does any one know meaning of above????

<<<<ALSO>>> all this from C-file-1992

2. 10% Glaucoma ?

Vet was never told or treated for Glaucoma- now loss sigth in one eye, loss of sight in other.

WHAT SAY YOU ALL??????????? 1151 ????

You can be 0% for hearing loss but still be 10% SC for Tinnitus if he/or she has ringing in his ear or ears and he was around loud noises in the service.

Railroader

Edited by Railroader

"2. 10% Glaucoma ?

WHAT SAY YOU ALL??????????? 1151 ????"

Absolutely-at first glance-

however- what did the vet do as this conditon progressed? Did he tell the VA his sight was getting worse?

Did he have any visual exams from the VA? Any eye glass prescriptions?

Did he complain of blurred vision? or floaters?

When did they determine that 10% rating?

Based on what you posted I sure feel a Section 1151 is in order-

Just state :

This is a claim under 38 USC, Section 1151. I believe that since my VA medical records reveal a rating for glaucoma,(dated____) yet this condition was never diagnosed or treated by VA,that my additional disability of loss of sight in both of my eyes is due to the VA's failure to properly diagnose and treat this condition.

He could send them a copy of that rating decision and copy of anything to prove his current condition regarding his sight.

Does he have a limited field of vision or is he legally blind?

What disability does he have that could have caused this condition? They might well have misdiagnosed that condition too- and it should all be in the claim.

The "8" NSC -do you mean eight NSC conditions?

If the glaucoma comes from-(like Jim said there are many causes but diabetes is a major one)

another misdiagnosed or untreated condition-that too should be in the Section 1151 claim.