Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

How Do You File A 1151

Rate this question



  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

Section 1151 claims are not at all like a "regular" claim.

In essense they are claims of improper VA medical care (malpractice) that have caused resulting disability.

You have to state clearly what medical errors they committed-(wrong meds, amputation of wrong leg -I aint kidding -they did that- misdiagnosis, lack of diagnosis---etc----

then you have to back it up with the medical evidence from the med recs-

(an IMO always is the best bet here) and then you have to prove that you have suffered an additional disability.

There has to be a condition that you have incurred because of the medical screw up.

Medical errors occur often yet are resolved and the patient remains in the same state as they were in before the screw up-

Say your med records say you are allergic to penicillin and then during an ER visit they give you penisillin and you have a bad reaction-but they contramand this with another medication-

unless you have lasting medical affects- this is not 1151.

Say you go to the ER with terrible ear pain and then they administer peroxide-but but it-not in your ears but in your eyes-(this really happened at the local VAMC)

you suffer extreme pain coupled by a severely damaged retina-this IS Sec 1151-

Medical error so severe that lasting results and further disability occur = Sec 1151 claim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use