Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award Tdiu

Rate this topic

onfire

What wonderful News! and on Valentines Day-hope that you and the family can celebrate this in a special way-

I suggest that your wife go to the CHAMPVA web site- if she needs to make formal application-

(unless things have changed in last ten years -this is how she will get her CHAMPVA card)

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp

Also- you cant beat Chap 35 educational benefits-I think the VA has paid close to $10,000 for my education under Chap 35 so far.

Veteran- you can now relax - your disabilities warranted this award and I sure hope that check is the mail or your bank acct by now.

Berta

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onfire

Good on you! Now if you have not already, apply for SSDI and, check out this site for state benefits available to you:

http://www.nasdva.com/

Thank you all very much, I will check into all the bennies, I'm not being shy here because I have not reply, this computer belongs to a good neihbor and he sign me up here with hadit..a fellow veteran himself'' anyway I don't have a computer yet but we will be getting one I'm pretty sure.

I may not can be on hadit.com for a while .....so here is some of my suggestions/I'M SURE MOST OF YOU KNOW ALL THIS......Here is my 2 cents worth, if it can help my fellow veteran...then its all good.

My Advise ......

>if you keep getting denied, for 100%or TDIU,..> Request a hearing at your. RO. take ''ALL'' your evidence, medical, Dr.s reports, (private medical reports helps) voc-rehab letters that state not fiseble to train this veteran ect,,,ect,, letters'' from family/friends as to testify on your behalf as to your poor condition/and character remember >THEY CAN'T SAY ANYTHING MEDICALLY, BUT THEY CAN TESTFY THEY SEEN YOU IN YOUR CONDITION HOW HARD THINGS ARE FOR YOU BUT NOT TO > ''MUSHY''...10 letters or so....have them to notorize the letters.

if you can not get ''GAINFULL'' employment because of your service connected disibility...ASK FOR TDIU.

Request a DRO ''decision rating officer'' and if possible a R.0. ''ratings officer'' to be present at your hearing, the DRO will most likely be there, just relax, you will have a long table to sit down at with all microphones on the table in front of you and everything is recorded that is said in that room/YOU WILL BE SENT COPYS.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR LAWYER PRESENT OR ANY REPERSENTATION YOU HAVE, DAV, ANY LEAGAL REP.OR REPERSENT YOURSELF, BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND THAT, OF COURSE THATS YOUR CHOICE.

be comfortable don't be nervous, there men/women just like you and me and they want to hear your side and this is the best time to tell them, The DRO will begain the preceedings, time date ect,,,ect your name and the reason your there, he will then say to you how can I help you today Mr John Dough.

look the DRO RIGHT IN THE FACE while speaking thank him first for letting you be there to state your case and having your say and try to do the best you can START OUT WITH SOMETHING LIKE I NEED THE V.A.'s HELP AND I appreciate the VA very much, don't look at notes or anything try to study a week or so before your hearing on your presentition, if you have a good case and evdience to back it all up....you will win

I thought long and hard before my Request(years) but I went and found out it was not all that bad

Good Luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

When you go for that DRO Hearing bring your spouse or significant other if you can so they can tesitfy as to how your disbility affects you and them and any children you have. My wife was at my DRO Hearing and she really did a good job of describing how my physical disabilities have limited me and made our lives hard. The DRO told us that we were going to get the rating we asked for at the end of the meeting. I would not go there for "dog and cat " claim,but if there is money involved it is worth it.