Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Been Approved Of Sleep Apnea Claim Lately?

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

Hi gang,

Prepping up for upcoming OSA claim(on-deck). Would like to hear from anyone who has been approved, and not incurred while active in service. Got mine after 3+ decades after service discharge. Gained weight, DM-II, Diabetic Nephropathy, HTN, Tinnitus, etc..

Hear from you soon. Thanks in advane!

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

He's not saying your a fraud nor any Vet. It's the processing person's whom he makes the accusation to. Veteran's claims people have been recently caught at changing received dates on claims to appear more timing for their reporting standards. They feel the heat and cheat us from retro payment amounts in doing so thou. Its the system which hurts us when they don't add staff to process our claims timely and some dead head federal employees whom don't put in their fair share of 8 hours of work.

I got a check for $3,125 on April 6 a Monday...its April 9 and still no explaination in the mail...I have no idea why or for what this is? Can assume its a past date change infraction as a Interanl Audit of the Veteran's claims people or management review found large numbers of fraud in the NYC offices of date changing and over 700 unanswered mail.

WYRICKLJ US ARMY VIETNAM 67-68

Hi gang,

Prepping up for upcoming OSA claim(on-deck). Would like to hear from anyone who has been approved, and not incurred while active in service. Got mine after 3+ decades after service discharge. Gained weight, DM-II, Diabetic Nephropathy, HTN, Tinnitus, etc..

Hear from you soon. Thanks in advane!

bob_abad:

See my post under Just received the C&P report!!

It might be of help to you.

Jessie

Purple..

I am equally upset that the VA treats all Veterans like we are guilty of fraud until such time we can prove we are innocent. Like you, I am not guilty and do not like to be accused of this. Why is it that ANY American can file a tax return, and get a refund in two weeks, without proving anything, but we Veterans have to prove everything...doctors C &P's, medical exams, service medical records, etc, buddy statements..etc, etc.

If the IRS checked our tax returns this thoroughly before payment, it would take years to get our refunds also. I can see it now.."We are processing your tax refund from 1998, but found that your taxes prepared in 1973 may have been prepared by a tax preparer not licensed to prepare taxes. Please send us proof again that the person who prepared your tax return in 1973 was licensed by sending us in copies of your preparers birth certifificates, drivers licenses, and buddy statements who have actually witnessed this preparer's birth..or your tax refund will be denied again." It is no wonder we Veterans cant get sleep apnea service connected..it is not that OSA is not SC'd..it is just that we are guilty until proven innocent.

Bob..

I am guessing you are saying that, if we can get an IMO stating that our "OSA is most likely due to military service," then we can get sleep apnea sc'd.

Edited by broncovet