Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

14 Years Late

Rate this question

gbennett

Question

The VA decided to give me a C&P in Oct. 14 years after the Navy gave me 10% disability on retirement. I didn't know I had applied for it until I read my dd214 two years ago.

I did submit a new claim listing my herniated disc when I applied for PTSD and thats probably the one their doing a C&P on.

I also have an agent orange appointment this month. I'm starting to get nervous when the does something besides stall tactics.

Gordon

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Sir.

IT took the VA 22 years to give me my first C&P. The evidence was clear I would get SC if I had a C&P so the VARO refused BVA orders to give me a C&P for 2 years after the order. My case is absolute proof of how far the VA will go to sabatoage a valid claim.

Terry Higgins

I wat just told my official file had been sent to the local VA for a C and P for a claim that has been ongoing for 3 years. I also received a letter denying a claim that a C and P doctor stated was related to my service connected disability. Only thing is, I did not file for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

John,

You don't necessarily have to file a claim. If you have an SO, they can file a claim. Under certain circumstances, the VA can determine your eligibility for an award, and schedule a C&P without you filing a claim.

It is possible, that the comments of the doctor on your last C&P, triggered the VA to adjudicate it as a claim. Then they denied it, to discourage you from filing for it officially, as then you cannot use the comments by the VA doctor, as new evidence.

Very tricky the VA!!!

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh