Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Awarded Ssd

Rate this question

luv2fly

Question

Hello everyone! Last November VA awarded me 100% P/T for PTSD. I immediantely went to the local SS office and applied for SSD.They said a decision would take 4 months,but it only took 'em 2 1/2 months.I'm happy to report i've been awarded SSD based on PTSD.This will certainly make our lives a little easier and thanks for listening.Any questions? Please ask. Be glad to help if i can. Take care and best of luck to all!!

David

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello everyone! Last November VA awarded me 100% P/T for PTSD. I immediantely went to the local SS office and applied for SSD.They said a decision would take 4 months,but it only took 'em 2 1/2 months.I'm happy to report i've been awarded SSD based on PTSD.This will certainly make our lives a little easier and thanks for listening.Any questions? Please ask. Be glad to help if i can. Take care and best of luck to all!!

David

Hi David-Congradulatrions! Glas to hear it. I too was turned down initally but I retained a SS lawyer and I got an "on the record decision" Problem is I don't know whether the judge decided in my favor or not. His assistant told my lawyer I will be getting a letter with the results but its been over a week and I still haven't got it. I'm anxious as hell to know the result and I remember you saying a claim status could be checked "on line"-I've searched the SSA site and can't find out where to look- Do you have a URL? Thanks in advance,

Duke

David

Hi David-Congradulatrions! Glas to hear it. I too was turned down initally but I retained a SS lawyer and I got an "on the record decision" Problem is I don't know whether the judge decided in my favor or not. His assistant told my lawyer I will be getting a letter with the results but its been over a week and I still haven't got it. I'm anxious as hell to know the result and I remember you saying a claim status could be checked "on line"-I've searched the SSA site and can't find out where to look- Do you have a URL? Thanks in advance,

Duke