Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rater's, Etc.

Rate this question

Tayo

Question

Hello all,,,

I hope this message will fall on receptive ears.

I am currently on my last day of "this go - round" of I.V. treatment. I started to get frustrated about the time length of my NOD claim at the raters office. Then,,, I had to pause. I realized that I am 1 Veteran, with a service connected dis-ease, who wants to be rated accordingly to my dis-ease. Then,,, I looked beside me and saw three files. Those files are medical files from veterans (two family member's and a friend) that asked me to put together there disability claims for VA and SSI. Well,,, I smiled. Then, I silently prayed, "Thanks for the Rater's."

As we all know, most of these raters are not BSN's, NP's, PA's, MD's, DO's, etc. Rater's (or Rator's---I don't know) where probably trained for a few months in familiarizing themselves with not only the medical but also the legal VA terminology in order to grant claims covering multiple upon multiple disabilities.

I believe we need each and every one of these raters. So, no jobs lost. However, I think the job descriptions should be a little different which would then add new positions involving hiring those medical professionals.

Cost,,, well,,, it would be an expensive,,, a worth while expense. I am not going to speak, agree, or throw blame to any side of the political party. We are all responsible for the well being of Veteran's. If we can pay for and front money to different area's to maintain the United States of America's welfare,,, I believe we should be able to afford hiring more individuals to make the process of adjudication claims.

Just a thought while sitting here, with an I.V. in my arm and "thankful" to the VA Rater's.

Thanks,

Tayo

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tayo you make good sense to me. The raters are getting closer to what you want after all a decision.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.