VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va/ Pilot Program Rexaminations?

Rate this question

bluespade

Question

-first time post

I am a ANG going through the VA pilot program 2.5 years after the title 10 discharge was issued after returning from Iraq. Once discharged from title 10 I was placed back on title 32, but after VA medical examinations was placed on a permanent non drilling profile. I am currently rated at 90% service connected and 100% IU by the VA, highest rating being 70% . Recently the ARMY has placed me in the Pilot program for the MEB, the pilot program is suposed to streamling the process of disability ratings between dod and the VA, by basicly using the VA rating for both programs. I am going through the process backwards, I have my existing rating with the VA, but have had to go through all new C&P exams in D.C. (from what I am told, since the pilot program is only avaiable in three sites the C&Ps must be done at one of these sites for DOD to except the rating). Now for my question/ concern, Are the raters required to take into account my current ratings and medical history that is logged by the VA or does this process start all over again being it is a pilot program evaluation? If any of the ratings are adjusted does that effect the IU? Once a rating is generated, I should be able to apply for crsc (depending on the rating level) with 12 years of serveice, which discharge would the benefit be calculated from the original title 10 discharge or the new discharge generated from the MEB? Any info would be helpful, I have already contacted MOPH and DAV but they did not seem to any knowledge of dealing with this process. I am the first of a group of vets in my area that will go throught the process like this and will share any info with them also.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet