Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Bad Mix Of Aliments

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I have a bad mix of the following aliments: HCV, Sleep Apnea, Degenerative Disk Disease (neck/back), Hypertention, Skin Rash (feet/legs/back/chest), Asthma, Sinus, Vision problems, and now Diabetes II. I think this is a dangerous mix of aliments. I was informed today that my AIC levels were adnormal...possibly full blown Diabetes. I will know more tomorrow. Also, I had my second liver biopsy on Tuesday (HCV over 20 years...two unsuccessful treatments) WOW...any advice????

Best Regards

Chiefhouse :P

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, I hear a hot tub with bath oils helps. Lol :P

Serious though, take care of yourself and make sure that you are getting the right treatment for everything and do a bit of reading up on this stuff, so you know you are getting the right treatment. Do what the conditios suggest and will allow you to do and above all, do what you can to keep active, when you slow down, it is harder to get back up.

If your not service connected for anything, check your records and if you were in VN, then you should get check for AO, I'm sure their are other things to do and I'll leave it to others who have been their and done that.

Jim S. B)

Well, I hear a hot tub with bath oils helps. Lol :P

Serious though, take care of yourself and make sure that you are getting the right treatment for everything and do a bit of reading up on this stuff, so you know you are getting the right treatment. Do what the conditios suggest and will allow you to do and above all, do what you can to keep active, when you slow down, it is harder to get back up.

If your not service connected for anything, check your records and if you were in VN, then you should get check for AO, I'm sure their are other things to do and I'll leave it to others who have been their and done that.

Jim S. B)

Greetings Jim

Thanks for the advice...can't slow down now.

I'm currently rated at 70% for the following aliments:

- Sleep Apnea 50%

- Degenerative Disk Disease (lower back only) 10% NOD pending for increase for severe back problems

- Hypertention 10%

- HCV 20% recent biopsy could increase rating...will get results in two weeks

- Vision Problems/Cataracts 0% NOD pending for increase

- Asthma was rated 30% but recently combined with Sleep Apnea for the 50% rating...still trying to figure

that one out.

- Skin Rash 10% NOD pending for increase

- DMII haven't submitted claim yet...will see doc next week concerning the lad results

- Right Arm Numbness 10% NOD pending for increase for left arm/hand numbness

- Chest Pain 0% NOD pending for increase

Between 1969 to 1971 I spent time in CCK, Thailand and NAM pumping jet fuel. I have a followup with AO office next week at VA Hospital.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Chiefhouse, are you using a Cpap machine for the sleep apnea. That is a 50 percent rating. Ask the Ro to separate the ratings as they have hidden the Asthma under the apnea. I cannot believe those cheating scumbags. They will do anything to deprive the Veteran out of what is leagally and rightfully his.

Chiefhouse- I am glad they are testing further to see if you have DMII-

I sure hope you dont- but- any incountry Vietnam veteran who is diagnosed with DMII should immediately file a claim-

the cataracts are most likely secondary- if you have DMII-and the hypertension-

Are you working? If not have you applied for TDIU? 100% comp rate?

There has been, in some cases, association of sleep apnea with diabetic conditions-

that would take a medical opinion to link- but possible-

Greetings jstacy

Yes, I use a CPAP for sleep apnea and three types of sprays for my asthma. I want to wait until my current claims (almost two years now) are rated before submitting a NOD for the asthma decison. I agree that both aliments should be rated separately and not combined.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

chiefhouse00: If it's been two years since the last decision on your claim for Asthma was decided, then the NOD would likely take new and material evidence to reopen the claim. That is always why it is a good idea to always vigorously fight any adverse decision, to keep the claim moving and not have to work harder by having to submit new and material evidence to open a new claim, that could otherwise be used as additional evidence in support of an open claim.

Best wishes on your current and future claims.

Jim S. :P

Edited by Jim S.