Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Bad Mix Of Aliments

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I have a bad mix of the following aliments: HCV, Sleep Apnea, Degenerative Disk Disease (neck/back), Hypertention, Skin Rash (feet/legs/back/chest), Asthma, Sinus, Vision problems, and now Diabetes II. I think this is a dangerous mix of aliments. I was informed today that my AIC levels were adnormal...possibly full blown Diabetes. I will know more tomorrow. Also, I had my second liver biopsy on Tuesday (HCV over 20 years...two unsuccessful treatments) WOW...any advice????

Best Regards

Chiefhouse :P

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

chiefhouse00: If it's been two years since the last decision on your claim for Asthma was decided, then the NOD would likely take new and material evidence to reopen the claim. That is always why it is a good idea to always vigorously fight any adverse decision, to keep the claim moving and not have to work harder by having to submit new and material evidence to open a new claim, that could otherwise be used as additional evidence in support of an open claim.

Best wishes on your current and future claims.

Jim S. :P

Greetings

I was awarded the sleep apnea rating in Oct 05 and the remaining service connected claims are still pending a rating decision. You are right in that I shouldn't wait for the VA to make a decision on the other claims. I need to press on with this NOD on the sleep apnea and asthma rating. Here is how it was rated:

"We combined the sleep apnea with your bronchial asthma and increased the evaluation to 50 percent disabling...An evaluation of 50 percent is assigned if a breathing assistance device, such as a continous airway pressure (CPAP) machine, is required"

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Greetings jstacy

Yes, I use a CPAP for sleep apnea and three types of sprays for my asthma. I want to wait until my current claims (almost two years now) are rated before submitting a NOD for the asthma decison. I agree that both aliments should be rated separately and not combined.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Greetings Berta

Yes, I'm still working and want too as long as I'm able...got to stay busy. I will find out more on the DMII and HCV biopsy over the next couple weeks. I served in CCK, Thailand, and one day in Viet Nam enroute to Thailand (Korat & NKP) in 1970. I do have a full plate but will keep a positive mind about all of this stuff.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

jstacy wrote earlier:

Chiefhouse, are you using a Cpap machine for the sleep apnea. That is a 50 percent rating. Ask the Ro to separate the ratings as they have hidden the Asthma under the apnea. I cannot believe those cheating scumbags. They will do anything to deprive the Veteran out of what is leagally and rightfully his.

This means that the CPap is rated at 50% by itself, where as you write:

We combined the sleep apnea with your bronchial asthma and increased the evaluation to 50 percent disabling...An evaluation of 50 percent is assigned if a breathing assistance device, such as a continous airway pressure (CPAP) machine, is required"

This shows how they hid your Asthma rating in with your Sleep Apnea. The Asthma should have been rated seperately from the CPap which would have given you another SC disability.

50% CPap

??% Ashma

So you are basicly being denied for your Asthma, they just spoon feed it in a way that makes you think your getting such a great deal, when you arnen't.

Apply now or it may be a lot more difficult later to do so.

Jim S. :P