Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

This is some of the things that were written on my C&P report and some of it does not make sense to me.

For the claimants condition of DDD , the diagnosis is IVDS and the most likely involved peripheral nerve is Sciatic with bladder dysfunction. The subjective factors are pain.

For the claimants claimed condition of Sciatica. The diagnosis is Intervertebral Disk Syndrome and the likely involved perpheral nerve is Sciatic with bladder dysfunction.

It states the same thing for my claim for Ankylosis Lower Back and Lumbar radiculopathy.

So I am confused, it does not say that I have Sciatica but it does state in the Thoracolumbar Spine section that the examination reveals no evidence of raidiating pain on movement. Muscle spasm is absent. There is tenderness noted on exam described as lumbar spine. There is positive straight leg raising test on the right. There is positive straight rasing test on the left. For the past 6 months I have been seen for the radiating pain and it is documentd.

My ROM is 30fwd, ext 10, rht,10,left10,right rotation 20, left 20. So with the documentation I have how can the Sciatica be proved? Or is this report enough with my medical records. I have recieved a call and my case is being rated now.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its borderline opinion and can go either way as I read it. If it were me I would wait for what the VA has to say but start preparing myself for a low ball rating. That means looking for a Doc that can help your claim.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.