VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Do Away With Vets Getting Copies Of Their C& P Exams

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings to all,

I was told by a person whom is in charge of a very large C&P clinic that the VAMC was going to test the waters by bringing forth issues that would disallow us disable vets from getting copies of our C&P exams. That the plan is as I was told was to allow acccess only after the decisions from the ROs have been decided.

I know this was in reference to all my issues that were raise by incompendent N.P performing C&Ps and it was made sure I heard it.

We all know who have battled the VA for our benefits. It would be much harder to get a decison reversed then to head it off at the pass, by immediately filing a complaint with the patents advocate and writing and complainning to the RO for starters after we get copies of our C&P exams.

I do not know where this issue is, or if it is just wishful thinking on the VAMC part, but I do find it very strange that I would hear this issue after I caused a great fuss, to a point to where a N.P was fired.

This is the second time I have heard it. The first time was when I was with the Director of the C&P clinic at a meeting.

I don't know if this would be illegal in regards to the FOIA, but then again we would have never thought the goverment could take our land and turn it into a strip mall. God bless.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Can you find something in writing pertaining to that fact. We need to stop it before it happens. I guess the more educated the veteran gets the more resistance he will recieve from the VA.

They might be just blowing smoke-

If you have the right to get your medical records under the Privacy Act 5, USC 552, then this right covers the C & P exam results-

If the VA came up with something to disallow a claimant's right to these C & P exam results (which are often manipulated in the SOCs anyhow)

that is when these vets orgs should take a stand-

Many SOs and vet reps depend on those results, as well as the vet, to help them develop their clams.