Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tips On New Vso

Rate this question

belle

Question

Hi all! Same old whines from the vets wife about no hope in site for the VA claim. Went to doctor lately and more tests are set up to compare to the earlier tests. We called the VSO (VFW Joe Humphrey) in Louisville. He has told us all along that his job deals with when the case goes up in front of a board or court. He has not helped us otherwise except pushed a few papers thru. When we requested froms from him, he sent some of the pages for us to fill out - now in the permanent record it looks as if we left pages blank on purpose, etc. It goes on and on with him. We are due a SSOC and the on to Washington. We asked about a hearing and he said today that we had to write him a letter about it. He had never said anything like that before - just alluding to the fact that that was when HIS job kicks in and he does his thing. We evened had to argue with his about presumption laws. Is he that clueless or is it just he is THAT much a yes man to the decision makers to always guarantee our denials?

I am positive we expected too much, thinking a VSO could answer questions about our case and advise us of tests, etc to prepare the case for the decision makers. This one knows nothing of the case and does nothing for it or us.

We think is time we got new VSO, but are so scared to delay case more. Yet we have never had any assistance of any kind in this from any VSO and truly dunno what to do or which way to turn. I came to this board whining before. And many are super and try to be helpful, but they are so far more advance then (me) as my husband does the going to the doctor and that's about all toward his case. I called Randy Fisher of Lexington and left our number - I hear he is good with the Gulf War Illness claims. My question is 1) Is it too late in the game to sseek help (a new VSO)? and 2) Will he be as overworked as the rest and not have time to really do anything to help? I am sending in statement to request a hearing due, and ask for TDIU. Other than his doctor's appts and testing at VA - is this all we can do to help ourselves? The years keep rolling by and the marriage is not gonna hold up. I just wanted to try and get him his disability thru VA before I leave. I cannot wait years more. Please help, and clues?? I need hope. Thank you again as always. -Belle (Sonya)

Edited by belle

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Belle -sometimes the VA states that you have not provided new and material evidence because they won't or can't read it.

In the last SOC you received they listed the evidence they used-

Is it all there and did they specifically refer to the medical evidence you sent them from this doctor?

"I thought a new dignosis of a disorder

and the test results proving it was pretty new and material, but where I am

not trained in law, I may be misunderstanding this. "

Did they say this was not new and material?

Did you send them a copy of this report?

Is it listed as evidence and referred to in the SOC at all?

You have to find all the evidence that the c file did not have and resend it--

those blank forms---what were they all about?

Did your husband get the complete Persian Gulf War physical?

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:-Bpkw0...k&cd=1&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Berta