Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Bets Are Off

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

I had a DRO hearing and the rating officer had said he was granting the secondary conditions but wanted a C&P on the ankle and feet to try to bring up the percentages before he could decide on the TDIU (I haven't worked since 2004). I had the feet checked 3 weeks ago about, and get the ankle looked at tomorrow by a local medico on contract from VA (MES if anybody has heard of them. Cited as a "Veteran owned company") Well it sounded as if this DRO was working with me to give us (us= me and my family) a fair shake.

B*U*T... Now all bets are off!

The rating officer that saw me has been transferred. My file has gone back to the appeals team. I guess my case gets decided by someone whos never seen me, just like the folks who've been denying me everything for the last 4 years.

I'm going to ask to see this new character face to face but as yet we don't even know who it will be.

:mellow::huh: :o :angry::blink::unsure: :(

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jay, the DRO is also the appeals team. It most likely transferred to update the info.

I dont think it is a big deal. your still on your way.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

No, the DRO was transferred completely out of the department. He's an instructor someplace now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hopefully his replacement will hit the ground running.

Good Luck and hang in there.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.