VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Examination Worksheets

Rate this question

Phillies44

Question

Hi everyone, this is a VA link that is great on finding different information about C&P exams and what to expect the doctors to do. I do not know if it is posted somewhere on this site. Bare with me because I don't know if I am giving you the site right.

Index of Disability Examination Worksheets (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)

Subject: Index of Disability Examination Worksheets Page Info: www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm | 23k | February 27, 2009 Options: Search Similar Pages newWindow-content.gif | Search This Site newWindow-content.gif

First go to the VA website, if you go to the top search engine and type in (disability worksheets), a whole variety of good information you can sift through will pop up. But click on the first link, see above on what it should look like, to find the categories that your looking for your exam. I hope you can get some info. to help you.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I do believe it is posted somewhere, but I like that you mentioned it in this forum, if anything to just remind us that these exam worksheets are available. The one I made not of in my case was for mental disorders except PTSD and eating disorders. It list several types of health care providers that can perform the initial examination for mental disorder and perform review examinations for mental disorders. It doesn't say that the person has to be an Examiner for the C&P Dept., which gives me thought to consider, if these health care providers can do these exams, then why won't, or is it, can't, do them?

If you provide them with the needed documents listed in the exam worksheet, then they have all they need to not only evaluate the original diagnosis, but the current one and the nexus between the two.

My belief in this is, that the VA health care providers are so busy pushing Veterans through a revolving door of quicky appointments, they have little to no time to really consider the whole picture of the Veteran's problems. I get 20 to 30 minutes with my Psychiatrist, which barely gives her enough time to go through the standardized questionaire she does each and every time I have my normal visit. Their just no time left for them to really sit with you and discuss your case, nor to determine what, if any other type of treatment might be better, or a review of you history before service, during service, and after service. So we are left with a 30 to 60 minute evaluation from a C&P examiner, who probaby hasn't had time time or inclination to review your complete file, disregarding the fact that it may be a Nurse Practitioner who is doing the exam where a Dr in the field with the training and experience to pick up on certain things a Nurse Practitioner may never have been exposed to or even had the specialized training and experience to pick up on.

These exam worksheet are a great tool, but it is hard to go into a C&P exam with the frame of mind that they should be evaluating us not only during good days, but during our worst days as well, because you really want them to evaluate you at your worst and not your best.

As I said in another post, I'm in one of those ragging moods and can't help but vent. I have another C&P exam coming up, when they said I wouldn't have to have one, so now I have to weigh whether or not I must put of my worst day appearance or just hope for the best and understanding of the C&P examiner to no what I am expressing is what my days are like more times than not.

Anyway, these exam worksheet have at least given me time to pause and wonder, how can I demonstrate that if I'm having a good day, that it is only transiant and that things are usually much worse for me each and every day, dispite how I might appear that day.

Rockhound Rider :huh: ;) :lol:

I do believe it is posted somewhere, but I like that you mentioned it in this forum, if anything to just remind us that these exam worksheets are available. The one I made not of in my case was for mental disorders except PTSD and eating disorders. It list several types of health care providers that can perform the initial examination for mental disorder and perform review examinations for mental disorders. It doesn't say that the person has to be an Examiner for the C&P Dept., which gives me thought to consider, if these health care providers can do these exams, then why won't, or is it, can't, do them?

If you provide them with the needed documents listed in the exam worksheet, then they have all they need to not only evaluate the original diagnosis, but the current one and the nexus between the two.

My belief in this is, that the VA health care providers are so busy pushing Veterans through a revolving door of quicky appointments, they have little to no time to really consider the whole picture of the Veteran's problems. I get 20 to 30 minutes with my Psychiatrist, which barely gives her enough time to go through the standardized questionaire she does each and every time I have my normal visit. Their just no time left for them to really sit with you and discuss your case, nor to determine what, if any other type of treatment might be better, or a review of you history before service, during service, and after service. So we are left with a 30 to 60 minute evaluation from a C&P examiner, who probaby hasn't had time time or inclination to review your complete file, disregarding the fact that it may be a Nurse Practitioner who is doing the exam where a Dr in the field with the training and experience to pick up on certain things a Nurse Practitioner may never have been exposed to or even had the specialized training and experience to pick up on.

These exam worksheet are a great tool, but it is hard to go into a C&P exam with the frame of mind that they should be evaluating us not only during good days, but during our worst days as well, because you really want them to evaluate you at your worst and not your best.

As I said in another post, I'm in one of those ragging moods and can't help but vent. I have another C&P exam coming up, when they said I wouldn't have to have one, so now I have to weigh whether or not I must put of my worst day appearance or just hope for the best and understanding of the C&P examiner to no what I am expressing is what my days are like more times than not.

Anyway, these exam worksheet have at least given me time to pause and wonder, how can I demonstrate that if I'm having a good day, that it is only transiant and that things are usually much worse for me each and every day, dispite how I might appear that day.

Rockhound Rider :huh: ;) :lol:

Hey Rockhound, I totally agree with you on the VA process, you defined it almost perfectly, and it can be diffucult on how to act once you are in the exam. I did not know whether to act like I would on my bad days or to just be in the moment, it is a diffucult question to ask yourself about integrity.

My bad on re-posting this, I was not sure if it was already posted, and maybe people who are new to the process can have a better understanding to how their exam should go. Thanks for the reply and good luck on your exam.

I do believe it is posted somewhere, but I like that you mentioned it in this forum, if anything to just remind us that these exam worksheets are available. The one I made note of in my case was for mental disorders except PTSD and eating disorders. It list several types of health care providers that can perform the initial examination for mental disorder and perform review examinations for mental disorders. It doesn't say that the person has to be an Examiner for the C&P Dept., which gives me thought to consider, if these health care providers can do these exams, then why won't, or is it, can't, do them?

Rockhound Rider :lol::huh: B)

p.s. Replying on my own statement, my C&P exam is at 09:30 in the morning, which means I will probably be a bit groggy and not of a frame of mind to demonstrate to the examiner my true condition, so I have no choice but to go off my meds for a day or maybe even two, just so my worst case can be evaluated. the C&P is for physical/medical reasons, so if I end up being helped by some guys in white coats, I'm not really caring at this point. I'll kill two birds with one stone, sort of speak. I'm just glad I am single and don't have to worry that someone is fretting about my well being like some. A 72 hr. self admit might be good for me about this time and another evaluation may just be in order.

Rockhound Rider :lol: ;) :lol: ;) :P

Edited by Rockhound

Hi everyone, this is a VA link that is great on finding different information about C&P exams and what to expect the doctors to do. I do not know if it is posted somewhere on this site. Bare with me because I don't know if I am giving you the site right.

Index of Disability Examination Worksheets (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs)

Subject: Index of Disability Examination Worksheets Page Info: www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm | 23k | February 27, 2009 Options: Search Similar Pages newWindow-content.gif | Search This Site newWindow-content.gif

First go to the VA website, if you go to the top search engine and type in (disability worksheets), a whole variety of good information you can sift through will pop up. But click on the first link, see above on what it should look like, to find the categories that your looking for your exam. I hope you can get some info. to help you.

I went to this link and got an error... Request Rejected. Do they not let us see the worksheets anymore?