Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've Got A Couple Questions

Rate this question

samclemmons

Question

I received a decision on a few things but there are discrepencies.

The first:

Under the "Decision" section:

Service connection for chronic strain right ankle is granted with an evaluation of 0 percent.

Now, under "Reasons for Decision":

An evaluation of 10 percent is granted for moderate limited motion of the ankle.

The second:

Under the "Decision" section:

Service connection for chronic right hip strain is granted with an evaluation of 10 percent.

Under the "Reasons for Decision":

An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned from (date of claim).

An evaluation of 10 percent is assigned for limited adduction of the thigh with inability to cross legs. An evaluation of 10 percent is ALSO granted for limited rotation of the thigh with the inability to toe-out more than 15 degrees. A higher evaluation of 20 percent is not waranted unless the record shows abduction of the thigh is lost beyond 10 degrees.

Those are the two things I think they goofed on. The first is pretty obvious. The second seems, at least to me, that the percentage should be 20 percent. Yes?

What do I do to correct these things?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You can file an appeal or a Nod (notice of disagreement) with their decision and the va will have to look at it again. It will take time, but you have nothing to lose and maybe a lot to gain. Stick with it and never give up, If you do you lose.

I agree. File a Notice of disagreement if you do not agree, and if you think you are entilted to more, and that your condition has worsened, also file a request for increase.

Remember to send these documents to the VA certified, return receipt requested as they have a tendency to shred these things then complain that you filed your NOD beyond the one year period.

Stay with hadit and ask questions. There are people on here that have far more knowledge about the va regs and the va system than I do but I am here several time a day, If I can help, I will but I won't give you the wrong info. If I don't know the answer, then I don't say anything. Someone will chime in and tell you what to do. This is where I get my info and its worked very well for me. Remember we are all veterans and we never give up. I hope all of you have a nice day.

You need a copy of the C & P exam results and then you can determine how VA came to those percentages.

The regs for each % should have been with their decision.

A NOD can be a simple statement of disagreement with a decision but it is also the first avenue of attack.

I feel the NOD should contain your reasons exactly why-based on the medical evidence they had-their decision is incorrect.

Go over the evidence they used to see if they fully considered all of it.

Did they combine to one overall rating for this?

I pretty much agree with the decisions they made. The problems I've posted in my first post are clearly transcription errors. The "Reasons for Decision" section were transcribed incorrectly to the "Decisions" list. These errors left me at 50% instead of 60%. I'm not challenging the decision; I'm challenging clerical errors. Does this require a NOD? Shouldn't they just fix it?

• HadIt.com Elder

VA math you can not just add up the numbers and say it is 60% after you run the numbers thru the VA calculator it may add up to 50% total compensation I am 100% PTSD 60% CAD and 10% hypertension but that does not add up to 170% when you go beyond the 100% they get into the SMC tables I am SMC S I get 3200 a month Berta or Pete can explain the VA strange math methods on how they get the total percentage

the hardest 10% in the world to get is going from 90% to 100% you need another medical condition that is basically 50% because of their whole man method of calculations

If I am misunderstanding the issue I apologize....