Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Huge Differences Between Va & Dav Offices

Rate this topic

Wanderin

My claim was originally filed in Phoenix. Talk about slow. It sat for over 4 years. Working with the Phoenix DAV office was close to worthless. Every time I visited I received a different service officer and a different opinion. No phone calls from our service officer were ever returned and neither were emails. Even prior to the DRO meeting, I had to contact them. Maybe they are over worked but their people skills and efficiency certainly lacked. If you wanted to discuss an issue, you actually had to walk in for assistance. This, of course, meant you needed to make a trip to downtown Phoenix no matter where you were. I had totally given up on working with DAV.

The smartest thing I did was move out of Arizona. I didn't realize the file would be transferred. It was. My claim was handled immediately and even the DAV officer actually responded without me calling him. The VA DRO in the new area could not believe that the claim had not been handled years previously. My suggestion -- if you can, file in small town, small state USA.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I can tell you that states in the sunbelt are slow because there are so many vets living there like Florida. Now you can expect the large population states to be slow, but some of the other small states are slow as well. A friend of mine lives in Idaho. He says the VA there is horrible. There is no "good" VA.

The size of the retired veteran population impacts the processing time. And some regions are just screwed up. The problem with a small state is the hospital services are limited.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use