Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Namvet6567

Sounds like you records have arrived from TX. It's my understanding that when records are transferred, the new RO does a complete review and can schedule new exams. I feel the key is never transfer your records, once P&T.

Guest jstacy

That was the wrong answer from the VA about the letter for the Fishing license. They have to use your current percentage. There has been no change. Call them back and ask for a letter again and if they tell you the same story go over their head. Sounds like they are too lazy and did not want to take the time to write the letter. Tell them you want to use the current benefits that are in effect today.

What is your state Disabled fishing license requirement. Mine is 50 percent for Disabled Veteran.

If you are PT, no future exams and have no claims pending and your C-File is in one state – and then you move to another state – and seek treatment at a VAMC, will they move your C-File without you requesting it.

I hope not, especially if all you want is medical treatment and have no intention of opening up an existing claim or making a new one.

Riverman

fla_viking thanks, he's very loyal and fearless. Stands 29 at the shoulder and weighs in at 120 pounds.

jriverman we are talking about claims files (C-files) not Medical Files. Unless you request transfer of your medical files they stay at each hospital you're at (each hospital starts a new file anyway and archives the others if they are transferred). But it is wise to have your med files all in one place, won't effect your rating status. Also most records are now computer generated and can be seen from one system to the next.

Okay. In regards to the "C-file" only. Is this correct???

It stays put in its home state unless you specifically request its relocation or you generate a claim from a state other than where the C-file is located. Getting medical treatment in another state will not cause your C-file to move.

Riverman

Guest Namvet6567

Yes, unless you request your C-file to be moved to your new state, it will stay in the old state. When I moved west, I notified my RO of my address change and they asked if I wanted it sent to the new RO. I said no, just leave it there. Should I need a future C&P, I may need to go there, for it, but I'll cross that bridge when the time comes. I can probably have them contract w/my current RO for the exam.