Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Since the Vet can now use a Lawyer after he gets an award is it helpful to have a Lawyer file the Nod or just do it one self?

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

IMHO, especially if this was your first denial, you dont need a lawyer. Read your decision carefully, and look at your C file. Then write a NOD something like this "template".

Be sure to note that you should dispute issues that you applied for but were not addressed in the decision, as the courts have ruled these issues are "deemed denied", that is secretly denied, and that secret denial can become final after a year if it is not appealed. Its a trap.

Smith, John T 123-45-6789

Notice of Disagreement

I disagree with the Regional Office Decision Dated July 24, 2009 and desire to contest the result with a Decision Officer Review on the following issues:

1. I disagree that my condition of depression is not service connected. I had multiple depression issues while in the military, and my doctor said that my depression was most likely due to trauma suffered in the military.

2. I further disagree with my hearing loss service connection at zero percent. My audiologist did a hearing test and fitted me with hearing aids and a cochlear implant. I think the rating should be higher than 0% disability rating, especially considering that I am unable to understand speech and have to use sign language for communication.

3. The issue of NSC pension was not addressed by this decision when I requested it at the time of application. I disagree with this "deemed denial" and feel entitled to a NSC pension as I am unemployed.

I certify the above is true to the best of my knowledge.

____________________________ _______________________________

John Smith Date