Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Denial From Va;odd Wording;workin On Nod Draft

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay, got the denial, applied for ptsd compensation early December, got denied notice today' fast work eh? I had more details to submit and am now fine tuning them, so that okay. HOwever, there is an odd sentence that doesnt seem to apply - wanna hear?

quote unquote "Review of your VA treatment records show provisional diagnosis of rule out ptsd on the basis of your subjective reports of traumatic experience upon ptsd screen. Your most recent health treatment record in Jan 2006 fails to show diagnosis of ptsd with diagnosis of depression found."

Can't make heads or tails of "diagnosis of rule out ptsd on the basis of your subjective reprots..." Also I didnt recieve a "specific" appointment or exam for ptsd only, I believe I should have been told that an appointment is for a purpose, right? Wasn't told I was being diagnosed or anything particular just regular discussion appointment, how life goes etc.

Feedback ideas?

Thanks, cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes- good advise-

because what I see here is that the VA is questioning your lack of PTSD diagnosis.

If you have civilian medical evidence -or if you can get this from a private shrink- as to a clear cut PTSD diagnosis- that would satisfy them unless they are going to give you a C & P-based on your request for one-

also

"One more question if you don't mind; Is there a way the VA chooses to verify a incident/stressor by contacting the "other person"? Namely in my case I have no wishes to contact or be contacted by traumatic"

The VA will need bonafide proof of the stressor.

Is evidence of it in your SMRs or personnel records?

Did this "other person"'s involvement create a record with MPs, or with a reprimand , Capt's mast etc?

Were there any eye witnesses to this stressor?

Did it affect others in your unit in some way- who could give you buddy statements?

Berta, all your questions are good ones. I can answer yes to evidence that should be in my SMR. I have copies of letters submitted for the reassignment request by supervisor.commander.chaplain doctor and there are 2 police reports for "other person" involvement with base/city police.No eye witnesses, military aquaintance assisted; buddy statements not available, close support friend then became nonfreind; I cut ties

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!