Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Board Of Veterans Appeals Fax Number, Please

Rate this question

vaf

Question

Does anyone have a current fax number for the Board of Appeals for Veterans' Claims?

The 202-565-4720 number that's listed on the VA website doesn't pick up, we've been trying for two days to send something. Evidently, it's been changed and has become top secret information.

I'm sending something to James Terry, Chairman of the Board, so if anyone has a fax number for this gentleman in particular, I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks!

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

FYI: I just searched for 'remanded claim withdrawn' and found a case where a person had filed for a a claim, and been denied by an ALJ, and then appealed the denial. However, after that, the person filed a new claim the day after the ALJ's denial and won. When the appeal went to court is was remanded, but the claimant had not informed the appeals board of the second claim already having been awarded. When it was discovered that the claimant was not forthright in discussing his cliams, the 'remanded claim was withdrawn'.

This was a social security case (I know you knew, but someone might not realize what an ALJ is). :P

Louis

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

Interesting- I looked for the same term at the BVA but couldnt find it-

I have seen appeals withdrawn-often because the vet successed in a different claim at the VARO level which made their appeal a moot issue.

And I have seen other appeals withdrawn by the vet or the vet's SO and I often wonder why----

I just remembered I myself won a claim many years ago and withdrew the pending BVA appeal on it-I had continually prosecuted the claim at the RO level past the BVA transfer date- which I did in my recent claims too-

but this post from VAF bothers me-

The BVA didnt withdraw the remand-someone at the VARO apparently did-

if a favorable decision has been made at the RO for this claim-I could see the RO or any vet rep advising to withdraw the appeal-

but withdrawing a remand does not make sense----

a remand has to be satisfied by the VARO.

I dont get this.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

The most recent info I have is

VSCM Steve Kelly 1-504-619-4560

AVSCM Emil Dufrene 1-504-589-3036

Gretna Director Rowland Christian 1-504-619-4590

Fax Gretna 1-504-366-4183

Loyola Ave New Orleans:

1-504-619-4590 (same as the Gretna #)

Fax same too 1-504-366-4183

I just tried to fax to the (504) 366-4183 number in Gretna, it didn't go through. It wasn't busy, the error cue says "hang up or line fail." Looks like they shut that one down.

Interesting- I looked for the same term at the BVA but couldnt find it-

I have seen appeals withdrawn-often because the vet successed in a different claim at the VARO level which made their appeal a moot issue.

And I have seen other appeals withdrawn by the vet or the vet's SO and I often wonder why----

I just remembered I myself won a claim many years ago and withdrew the pending BVA appeal on it-I had continually prosecuted the claim at the RO level past the BVA transfer date- which I did in my recent claims too-

but this post from VAF bothers me-

The BVA didnt withdraw the remand-someone at the VARO apparently did-

if a favorable decision has been made at the RO for this claim-I could see the RO or any vet rep advising to withdraw the appeal-

but withdrawing a remand does not make sense----

a remand has to be satisfied by the VARO.

I dont get this.

Berta, wouldn't the Board or the VARO have contacted the veteran to let him/her know all this took place? We found out indirectly, we've yet to be contacted directly about this.

Yes- I would sure think so-

something seems really wrong here-

I forgot -I DID have CHairman Terry's phone number=

1-202-461-8001

I was referred to the Under Secretary of VBA by his sec-Ms. Mary Short.

The BVA maintains jurisdiction over a remand as far as compliance goes but -if a decision was made -the jurisdiction then lies again with the RO which made the decision.

I am not sure that the BVA could even add any help to this matter at this point as they apparently told the Congressman what the VARO had told them.

Do you have copies of the Iris you mentioned and their response?

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Yes, I printed hard copies of all of the IRIS responses, and I'm copying the VARO, the Board, the Appeals Management Center, and my Congressman with all of it. I'm mailing it and have also scanned and e-mailed everything, with a cover letter.