Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Request

Rate this question

david walker

Question

I had a C&P at the end of Jan. I've requested a copy 3 times. One from the clinic and twice from the regional office. I know my file is at the rating board. One letter was returned, saying it was to soon. The clinic called and said they could not release the report, I've not heard from the RO about my last request. This is so strange I've had two previous C&P's and gotten a copy in a couple of weeks. Has the VA changed their policy on releasing info to the Vet?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

David, I had a C&P for TDIU last Monday and recieved the report yesterday. It took 5 days. I asked the guys in the Information Release office if they were holding back the information till a claim was decided and they told me it was illegal according to FOIA rules. It appears as if some Medical Centers are living by different rules or Battle Creek has not received the directive. Sorry your's has taken so long, Good Luck. Terry Sturgis

• In Memoriam

My RP Tom –

Not necessarily true. The VCAA has turned out to be the Lawyers’ Relief Bill of 2000, because your lawyer Ken Carpenter just brings appeals and appeals against it, some of which win and others don’t. Dinginess was one of his cases. And everyone in the bar has been railing at VA to make VCAA notices more claim-specific.

Maybe Congress was concerned with unrepresented vets when it enacted the VCAA, since every service officer who does not know what goes into a claim should get another day job. But, until VCAA notices become more claim-specific, most of the contents are lost on unrepresented vets.

My motto is, if your claim is complete, to waive the time limit and ask for a speedy resolution of your claim.

Alex

My VAMC (Washington DC) was one of the first to convert to electronic records, and even the older guys input during appointments, so you can go downstairs after your appointment and pick up your records. You can also access them online.

The good news is that this system is going to be installed in all VAMCs on of these days.

Alex