Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Report Of Va Contact Question

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

I have a call box on each of three phones and check them a few times a day for calls I missed.

I also just went through over 4,000 old emails.

The VA under Evidence in this crappy SOC said Report of Contact May 5, 2004 and April 7, 2005.

These dates correspond with no mail, calls, or email from the VARO.They dont match with any evidence dates or any actions taken in the SOC.

On April 7th 2005 I got my usual emailed press release from VACO.

That stuff is public news , nothing to do with my claim.

What does Report of Contact mean?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta, could these be dates YOU called THEM to check on status of claim?

(Or, it could be a record of contact the VARO had with life forms on their mother planet.) B)

--Susan

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget that some of the VA people have a tendacy to use fiction about what they have done and what you have told them.

If you want to find out just look at a few of your patient notes and you will find that the VA did all kinds of things you have no idea about.

Pete - you are SO RIGHT!

Susan- you are too- about the twilight zone-these dates do not correspond with anything- she must have got this from the other DRO. He got my claim on a friday months ago and took a week off. Then a vet rep checked the claim and assured me it was on the center of his desk with the IMOS on top of it.He came back a week later and retired and I heard he kind of laughed when he told the new dro in training that he would help her with it-he didnt.

Sometimes I can squeeze these little tidbits out of the 800# reps.

But I never heard from him either.

I am delirious- I found three specific ways she violated 38 USCS 5107a

and also can prove she lied.

I am more concerned about my so called vet rep with my POA up there-

I sent him orders as to exactly what he will do for me on Monday about this since he apparently hasnt done anything for me at all in 8 years of representation.

It is a HOOT -I couldnt wait until they read these IMOs they have had for almost a year and then - they dont even acknowledge them-

I didnt get a deNOVO -I got a de sameo sameo !

she copied word for word the last decision.

She couldnt make her own decision.

This is getting funnier by the minute to me-

But like my kid said- Mom these decisions look official and intimidating so many vets must walk away-

she said without knowing better she would have on her Chap 35 decision when they gave her one month instead of 7 years and one month.You cant get a Masters in a month.

It is really not funny-though- it is a absolute national disgrace what veterans have to go through-and seem to be getting worse.

Pete - you are SO RIGHT!

Susan- you are too- about the twilight zone-these dates do not correspond with anything- she must have got this from the other DRO. He got my claim on a friday months ago and took a week off. Then a vet rep checked the claim and assured me it was on the center of his desk with the IMOS on top of it.He came back a week later and retired and I heard he kind of laughed when he told the new dro in training that he would help her with it-he didnt.

Sometimes I can squeeze these little tidbits out of the 800# reps.

But I never heard from him either.

I am delirious- I found three specific ways she violated 38 USCS 5107a

and also can prove she lied.

I am more concerned about my so called vet rep with my POA up there-

I sent him orders as to exactly what he will do for me on Monday about this since he apparently hasnt done anything for me at all in 8 years of representation.

It is a HOOT -I couldnt wait until they read these IMOs they have had for almost a year and then - they dont even acknowledge them-

I didnt get a deNOVO -I got a de sameo sameo !

she copied word for word the last decision.

She couldnt make her own decision.

This is getting funnier by the minute to me-

But like my kid said- Mom these decisions look official and intimidating so many vets must walk away-

she said without knowing better she would have on her Chap 35 decision when they gave her one month instead of 7 years and one month.You cant get a Masters in a month.

It is really not funny-though- it is a absolute national disgrace what veterans have to go through-and seem to be getting worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Berta,

I've been helping a Vet with a back claim that he has. This has not been an easy claim. He made a trip to the local VARO to take some additional evidence we had on his claim and talked with a rep there. The rep actually went and got his folder and proceded to look through it. To my astonishment, there were e-mails written from the VARO to the C & P examiner and back. He went through 2 C & P exams since we stated that the first one was an incompetent exam. When the C & P examiner from the first incompetent exam responded back to the e-mail, she made comments and statements about the contents of the exam and did not even have his file in front of her. In fact, some of this e-mailing was done from the examiners home and not at the VAMC office. We also could not understand why she would be responding to an e-mail, since her exam was considered incompetent and the veteran was afforded another exam by an actual doctor. The e-mails also contained conflicting information in them.

Needless to say, I jumped on this big time. Had he not gone to the VARO and had a chance to look at his file, he would never have seen this correspondence which took place. Amazing what type of correspondence goes on in the background that you are not aware of and can have a huge impact on your claim.

We've been all the way to a BVA hearing and now awaiting to hear something back from them on his claim. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that he hears something good back from them. Would really make my day.

Bev.

YES- the c file an contain incredible stuff-

I am still astonished at what I found in mine.

I filed an additional claim the day after I got it.

A lot goes on that we dont know until we do some detective work and really review our files.