Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

Harry23

Question

I began my claim in December, and now just got their decision today. There is no evidence for active service, and on my DD214, it actually shows, that I was. While at MEPS, it was discovered that I had a varicose sele, while activated for Desert Storm, I began having pains in my legs...mostly my left and in my testicles. And began seeing a doctor while at Fort Hood, after coming back to Fort Polk, I seen a Urologist. And stated that the best thing for me to do have the Varicose sele removed. Which I did, I had the surgery at Fort Polk (Bayne-Jones), from a civilan doctor who was activated for Desert Storm ( Dr. Bridges ). Now after some many years, I began having the same pains in my legs from prolong standing and sitting. I seen a Urologist again, and stated that it was from the varicose sele. I have contacted the VA for my medical records, as well as requested them from other sources ( Baynes-Jones, St.Louis, VA) and there is no record of my surgery and only partial medical records. Now, I don't know what to do any advice would be helpful at this point.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Were you reserve or NG before the activation. Meps is a entrance processing station.

Conditions there are usually found to be pre existing to service.

Was the condition found before on another period of active Duty or ACDUTRA?

If not, your claim may be thin.

Good luck.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I began my claim in December, and now just got their decision today. There is no evidence for active service, and on my DD214, it actually shows, that I was. While at MEPS, it was discovered that I had a varicose sele, while activated for Desert Storm, I began having pains in my legs...mostly my left and in my testicles. And began seeing a doctor while at Fort Hood, after coming back to Fort Polk, I seen a Urologist. And stated that the best thing for me to do have the Varicose sele removed. Which I did, I had the surgery at Fort Polk (Bayne-Jones), from a civilan doctor who was activated for Desert Storm ( Dr. Bridges ). Now after some many years, I began having the same pains in my legs from prolong standing and sitting. I seen a Urologist again, and stated that it was from the varicose sele. I have contacted the VA for my medical records, as well as requested them from other sources ( Baynes-Jones, St.Louis, VA) and there is no record of my surgery and only partial medical records. Now, I don't know what to do any advice would be helpful at this point.

I believe that surgeries are kept in your "inpatient" medical records. The records that most people request are the "outpatient" records. I think you need to request your inpatient records. Also, I think from reading your post you should base your claim on the fact that the condition was pre-existing, however, it was exacerbated (made worse) by active service which resulted in the surgery. Also, if you know what state the surgeon was practicing, you can find him by contacting the states medical board for his contact info and have him provide sworn statement in support of your claim...

Good luck,

Bergie

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

Harry

Your SMR--outpatient records only--went to the VA. You'll need to contact the NPRC in St Louis (http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/) and request Inpatient/Hospital treatment records and clinical notes. It would help if you provide the name of the hospital(s) and approximate dates.

Good luck