Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proposed New Ptsd Rule

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The proposed rule has a resounding 80 comments so far and we have until Oct 23, 2009 for additional comments.

I need to take time to read them all-

it is encouraging to see that many comments are from veterans themselves as well as advocates and maybe some VSos and lawyers too-

this is the way to have impact on VA regulations.The VA cannot ignore the public commentary.

They can reject the comments- but then again they reject evidence any how - I am very happy to see the response this proposed rule is getting.

BTW -some years ago the VA pulled something on us all by failing to post a proposed regulation in the Federal Register as open for public comment.I am pretty sure it was a critical AO regulation because NVLSP raised hell with them.

We have Due Process and constitutional rights these days-and the Federal Register gives us more rights when we take the time to comment on whatever the VA proposes to do regarding compensation if they request public comment.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/hom...A-2009-VBA-0023

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Good point Berta.

If the VA asks for comments on a proposed legislative change, and I dont bother to say anyting, who's fault is it when the Va changes the law, and I am mad about the change?

The reverse side of this is, "yea right"...I am sure a homeless PTSD war Veteran has a computer with an internet connection and the computer skills to be able to find and comment on new homeless Veteran proposed regulation changes while living in his cardboard box under a bridge.

The idea is that we need to protect the rights of this homeless Vet..the VA sure wont protect his rights. Sure..Shinseki has made a statement that his goal is reducing Veterans homelessness by 131,000. But he has no plan of how he is going to do this. So far, the only thing he has done to reduce Veteran homelessness is to make it worse by increasing claims backlog by 15%.

People with a regular steady paycheck and money in the bank are rarely homeless. People often become homeless because they have little or no steady income..and many of those Veterans who are waiting months or years for the Va to process their claim have little or no income. A steady Va check could be the difference between homelessnes and a home. By delaying the Veterans claims for months or years, the VA often forces the Veteran into homelessnes. Other homeless Veterans are unaware they may be eligible, for, say, Veterans pension. And the VA isnt telling them..they would rather the Veteran be homeless or even commit suicide so they dont have to pay.

Every day, 18 Veterans take their own life, and one cause is economic desperation. And I want to personally thank you for speaking up for these discarded heroes, Berta.

Edited by broncovet