Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is 100% P&t Permanent? Or..............

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Can the VA ever take away my 100% TDIU P&T?

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

until you have had it 20 years they can always call you in and reevaluate if it's for mental reasons and in your 21st year you are all of a sudden well enough to hold down a full time job they probably could make a good case for fraud and revoke it but other than that probably not you should be pretty safe with your P&T but like I said if it's for mental reasons going back to work "unless in a protected environemnt, like a family business" or under some VA guidelines veterans open them selves up to all sorts of problems and then wonder why the VA is picking on them part of being 100% is not being employable I am 100% mental but I also have severe heart problems I have no desire to return to work I just can't do it.......

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for your input. I'm 50% back and 50% mental which are the two main reasons I got TDIU. I think it was more physical based on the fact I can't sit for more than a few minutes without feeling sick. I also have 30% Asthma, 10% right foot, and 5 0%s. Thanks again.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• HadIt.com Elder

TDIU answers your own question in my opinion IU is safer than even my 100% they can always claim I have gotten better and downgrade me to 70 or 50% in your case the only way they can revoke your IU is if you do go back to work your award is for the fact that you are Individual Unemployable you have to go back to work and yes then they can revoke you you are safe as can be in my opinion have you filed for SSD? Find out what benefits you have for property tax and car tags there are a lot of good benefits in a lot of states I estimate I save 5000 on property taxes and about a 1000 on my car ad valorem taxes with my permanent disabled plates I also enjoy the commissary they have sidewalk sales on Wednesday when you can really get stuff cheap and stock up on the sale items but then I am a cheap bastard

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

The VARO can take it back but with the info you post it is very unlikely unless you go back to work.

Good Luck enjoy your retirement.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Can the VA ever take away my 100% TDIU P&T?

There have been cases where V.A. reduced a 100% rating. If you look around on google and hadit you'll find some of them by searching under reduction and veteran. To find out more read 38 CFR 3.343 and 38 CFR 3.344.

I think when a vet gets TDIU or 100 and gets a nice retro check-they might want to consider putting at least some of it into a special savings account-if they ever need to fight a proposed reduction.

If they get a letter of the proposal-then they could get a good IMO that supports their disability has not improved, and they are still P & T.

I had quite a time with one of my friends 2 years ago-

100% P & T with SMC (because VA almost killed him) - ten years had passed and he even had a letter (from 1995 I think) saying that no more C & Ps would be scheduled but he got a letter for a C & P and knew what they were trying to pull-

not a formal proposed reduction letter-as I remember-just the scheduled C & P-

he is difficult veteran to deal -also had 90% more in SC disabilities too-with but

immediate action from him-I helped write the letter-they dropped this idea real fast.and sent him letter that emphatically stated NO more C & Ps.

Still one never knows when the VA will propose a reduction based on a C & P exam-

The vet was 250% in SC disabilities-and I had even suggested to him to file another claim some time ago but he could not understand my point on that.

It was same situation as my claim was-

100% 1151 and also 100% due to AO.But his award didnt seem to cover the herbicide disability at all.

I felt he was the last person in the world the VA should ever pull this crap on-

and it all added to his PTSD and VA induced paranoia.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.