VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sciatica Question Please Help..

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

I am service connected left lower extremity now I am starting to have problems with my right lower extermity. I just want to know what and how to proceed? Do i need a diagnose of right side sciatia? Since I am service connected for my left side bc of my spine I dont know if I need a nother diagnoses>?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am service connected left lower extremity now I am starting to have problems with my right lower extermity. I just want to know what and how to proceed? Do i need a diagnose of right side sciatia? Since I am service connected for my left side bc of my spine I dont know if I need a nother diagnoses>?

I would get a nexus letter connecting your right side sciatica to the service connected left side as a secondary issue. I would file a claim for bilateral sciatica.

I ve had bilateral sciatica since service 1972, but they failed to rate it in the last decision 2001. It has been noted in my NOD.

I would get a nexus letter connecting your right side sciatica to the service connected left side as a secondary issue. I would file a claim for bilateral sciatica.

I ve had bilateral sciatica since service 1972, but they failed to rate it in the last decision 2001. It has been noted in my NOD.

so i do have to get a right side diagnoses>? I was thinking since I have the left that it would be simple for my right to be connexted..

so i do have to get a right side diagnoses>? I was thinking since I have the left that it would be simple for my right to be connexted..

For claim purposes, get it diagnosed first, then ask for a nexus letter, I agree, it is fairly straightforward that they would be connected, but this is the VA and everything has to be in writing and in the correct wording.

• HadIt.com Elder

you don't really need a dx, because the dx is sciatica (not left or right) because the nerve group runs down both legs. I would get a nexus statement from a soc that relates it to the sc'd issue, though. You'll go nowhere without it.

you don't really need a dx, because the dx is sciatica (not left or right) because the nerve group runs down both legs. I would get a nexus statement from a soc that relates it to the sc'd issue, though. You'll go nowhere without it.

What is a soc?? So in a nutshell all i need is to get my doc to say that i have sciaitia on right side also?